which REST API format (JSON or XML) will be supported in the future?
Redmine Java API library is using REST API's XML format. I could switch it to use Redmine's JSON API, but I need to know which data format is the "preferred" one and will be supported in the future.
- are you guys going to deprecate XML format and replace it with JSON?
- does JSON API support 100% of what the XML covers?
- do you test both JSON and XML APIs for all Redmine releases?
please, publish clarifications on the REST API policy on the Wiki.
RE: which REST API format (JSON or XML) will be supported in the future? - Added by Etienne Massip over 11 years ago
1. Redmine rely on formats supported by Rails and it is likely that both JSON and XML will be supported equally by Rails for long
2. I know there are some Rails 2.3 issues with JSON supporting collection so I'd recommend you to stick to XML until RM switches to Rails 3.X
3. No, I think that API tests (source:/trunk/test/integration/api_test) more usually run against XML format but it can differ from one test to the other