Defect #10532

migrate_from_mantis script fails with missing table name

Added by Alan Chandler over 5 years ago. Updated about 3 years ago.

Status:ResolvedStart date:
Priority:NormalDue date:
Assignee:Alan Chandler% Done:

0%

Category:-
Target version:Candidate for next minor release
Resolution: Affected version:

Description

See #10501 and #10504 for environment. This bug is with the patches supplied in those reports applied.

Migrating users......
rake aborted!
Mysql::Error: Table 'bugtracker.mantis_project_category_table' doesn't exist: SELECT * FROM `mantis_project_category_table` WHERE (`mantis_project_category_table`.project_id = 1)
/home/alan/dev/redmine/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract_adapter.rb:227:in `log'
/home/alan/dev/redmine/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/mysql_adapter.rb:324:in `execute'
/home/alan/dev/redmine/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/mysql_adapter.rb:639:in `select'
/home/alan/dev/redmine/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/database_statements.rb:7:in `select_all_without_query_cache'
/home/alan/dev/redmine/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/query_cache.rb:62:in `select_all'
/home/alan/dev/redmine/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/base.rb:665:in `find_by_sql'
/home/alan/dev/redmine/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/base.rb:1582:in `find_every'
/home/alan/dev/redmine/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/base.rb:619:in `find'
/home/alan/dev/redmine/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/associations/association_collection.rb:60:in `find'
/home/alan/dev/redmine/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/associations/association_collection.rb:423:in `find_target'
/home/alan/dev/redmine/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/associations/association_collection.rb:365:in `load_target'
/home/alan/dev/redmine/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/associations/association_proxy.rb:213:in `method_missing'
/home/alan/dev/redmine/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/associations/association_collection.rb:392:in `method_missing'
/home/alan/dev/redmine/lib/tasks/migrate_from_mantis.rake:296:in `migrate'
/home/alan/dev/redmine/lib/tasks/migrate_from_mantis.rake:267:in `each'
/home/alan/dev/redmine/lib/tasks/migrate_from_mantis.rake:267:in `migrate'
/home/alan/dev/redmine/lib/tasks/migrate_from_mantis.rake:509
/var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.9.2.2/lib/rake/task.rb:205:in `call'
/var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.9.2.2/lib/rake/task.rb:205:in `execute'
/var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.9.2.2/lib/rake/task.rb:200:in `each'
/var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.9.2.2/lib/rake/task.rb:200:in `execute'
/var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.9.2.2/lib/rake/task.rb:158:in `invoke_with_call_chain'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/monitor.rb:242:in `synchronize'
/var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.9.2.2/lib/rake/task.rb:151:in `invoke_with_call_chain'
/var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.9.2.2/lib/rake/task.rb:144:in `invoke'
/var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.9.2.2/lib/rake/application.rb:116:in `invoke_task'
/var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.9.2.2/lib/rake/application.rb:94:in `top_level'
/var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.9.2.2/lib/rake/application.rb:94:in `each'
/var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.9.2.2/lib/rake/application.rb:94:in `top_level'
/var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.9.2.2/lib/rake/application.rb:133:in `standard_exception_handling'
/var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.9.2.2/lib/rake/application.rb:88:in `top_level'
/var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.9.2.2/lib/rake/application.rb:66:in `run'
/var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.9.2.2/lib/rake/application.rb:133:in `standard_exception_handling'
/var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.9.2.2/lib/rake/application.rb:63:in `run'
/var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.9.2.2/bin/rake:33
/usr/local/bin/rake:19:in `load'
/usr/local/bin/rake:19
Tasks: TOP => redmine:migrate_from_mantis
Migrating projects.

migrate.patch Magnifier (11 KB) Alan Chandler, 2012-03-25 10:44


Related issues

Related to Redmine - Defect #10504: migrate_from_mantis script fails on first project when tr... Resolved

History

#1 Updated by Alan Chandler over 5 years ago

  • File migrate.patchMagnifier added
  • Status changed from New to Resolved
  • Assignee set to Alan Chandler

As well as the issues report above and in #10501 and #10504 I found quite a few more issues - namely

  • Normal Priority Issues get converted to High Priority in migration
  • Projects marked as Private in Mantis where made public in Redmine
  • Project Hierarchy was not respected
  • The project identifier cuts out Upper Case characters - leaving some names pretty meaningless
  • The issues updated_on field was set at the migration time rather than the time pulled over from Mantis
  • The issue Created on field was left as an integer (in SQLite) rather than properly converted to a time.

I have fixed all of these and can now perform a complete migration with a good deal of success.

The Diff Patch between the version I have now and the 1.3.2 distribution is attached. (it superceeds the previous patches provided)

#2 Updated by Etienne Massip about 3 years ago

  • Target version set to Candidate for next minor release

#3 Updated by Toshi MARUYAMA about 3 years ago

  • Related to Defect #10504: migrate_from_mantis script fails on first project when trying to update version dates added

Also available in: Atom PDF