Support Nesting Menus
We would like to have redmine main and context menue get more compact, so grouping similar features together in collapsable and expanding menus in a 2 level structure. THis is especially helpful if you use some plugins which make a lot of menu entries.
The chili project ( https://www.chiliproject.org/issues/559 )already suppports that but it is part of the core views, so there no choice any more.
It is preferable to be able to make this part of theming, but at the moment i think it is not possible.
Following things must be controllable:
- menu type where entry shall be placed, e.g main menu or context menu
- ordering (which position does an entry has top down or left right)
- nesting level (is an entry in 1 or 2 level )
- menu entry type
- link entry (map to any url in redmine or else)
- container entry (level 1 container for "menu entries" on level 2)
Beyond what plugins or core features have a s default menu theme config it shall be possible to tweak that overuling this installation default.
Updated by Jan from Planio www.plan.io about 9 years ago
- Related to Feature #15880: Consistent, global button/menu to add new content added