New Design and Analysis section
Would be extremely useful if in Redmine will be implemented a section dedicated to the Analysis and Design phase.
This section of the program should have this features :
- Requirements Lists ( Functional, Implementation, Usability, ...)
- Test case management
- Diagrams / Sketchs
Updated by Ivan Cenov almost 11 years ago
Hm..., Redmine is a project management web application that is not tied to the software development only. It could be used, par example, to distribute tasks to people in an administration dept, to workers in a workshop e tc. So, IMHO, if such functionality is needed it should be implemented as a plugin.
Updated by Dipan Mehta almost 7 years ago
+1. I think this is very important.
Redmine is used by many software development - hence this is really a must feature. Of course, there would be teams that might not do design process or might not be related to sw dev. However, in this case this module (Like news, documents etc.) can come as a selectable under project modules. So it won't bother those who don't need.
Critical features this modules should be able to provide:
- Should allows for requirement listings. Each requirement point can be listed and editable.
- Requirements Like unique issue
#issueidit should be unique and it can be referrable in any issues, notes, wikis.
- Provide class and other UML diagrams - either they can be drawn on the page or can be uploaded.
- Classes can be referenced under categories.
- Issues can be linked with Class/Design items - and correpondingly also with requirements.
- So for example. on a design page - I can click on A Requirement#2014 - and list all issues (along with their versions) that affects the given requirements.
- Similarly under a class diagram - one can list down all corresponding issues.
- Association can be done by a widget from issue page as well.
- Requirements and design can be amended (as child requirements) or can be revised.
- Requirements and Design assets can have notes that allow people to list why changes are made.
- Detailed, documentation - docs can be attached under the design and requirements assets.
- We can have state flow - where we can show how many requirements are completely fulfilled and what is pending based on whether the corresponding issues %complete.
- Also, where the requirement is complete, we can identify post which version, the given requirement version is complete.
- The same can be applied for design assets - we can identified how many design elements are fully implemented or pending.
- Requirements and designs can have approval workflow. Hence, when and only when requirement and design is approved - the issues beneath them automatically moves to one more stage.
Essentially, this will allow complete requirement management and design process to be tracked