Allow non-members to be added as watchers
This ticket requests a single feature:
- Update the "add watcher" interface on issues to allow the addition of non-members of a project as watchers on an issue.
This has been asked for and partially addressed several times in the past:
- #3448 - Never addressed. This issue is still open, but it is a slightly different request regarding the scalability of the "add watcher" interface for extremely large numbers of users.
- #5159 - The solution to this ticket allowed users to add themselves as a watcher if they weren't a member, but it didn't allow other people to add them.
- #6065 - This ticket re-iterated the problem with the solution to #5159 -- "[add additional users] without having to send them an email asking them to go to this ticket and press *watch" -- but it was dismissed as a duplicate of #6226.
- #6226 - The patch submitted for this ticket supposedly solved the issue, but doesn't look to have been included in the trunk. It was subsequently closed as a duplicate of #5159.
- #9942 - This asked for 3 features. 2 of the features were already implemented in #5159. The third feature is similar to the request for this issue. This was closed as a duplicate of #5159.
DO NOT CLOSE THIS TICKET as a duplicate of any of the issues listed above.
#1 Updated by Jean-Philippe Lang over 10 years ago
#5159 - The solution to this ticket allowed users to add themselves as a watcher if they weren't a member, but it didn't allow other people to add them.
You're wrong, it's the exact opposite. It does allow users to add non-member user(s) while creating or updating an issue. Have you actually tried >= 1.4.0?