Defect #14428

ActionView::Template::Error (translation missing: en.number.human.storage_units.format)

Added by Leo L. about 9 years ago. Updated almost 8 years ago.

Status:ClosedStart date:
Priority:NormalDue date:
Assignee:-% Done:


Target version:-
Resolution:Invalid Affected version:



We are 5 in a team. Most of us have a french environment, but one has an english environment.
The one with english environment can't connect Redmine : He got a "500 internal error".
The rest connect fine !

So I took a look at the logs, and I can see the following error when he tries to connect :

@Started GET "/" for at 2013-07-09 18:11:17 +0200
Processing by WelcomeController#index as HTML
Current user: anonymous
Redirected to
Filter chain halted as :check_if_login_required rendered or redirected
Completed 302 Found in 3ms (ActiveRecord: 0.6ms)
Started GET "/login?" for at 2013-07-09 18:11:17 +0200
Processing by AccountController#login as HTML
Parameters: {"back_url"=>""}
Current user: anonymous
Rendered account/login.html.erb within layouts/base (1.3ms)
Rendered plugins/redmine_improved_searchbox/app/views/redmine_improved_searchbox/_redmine_improved_searchbox_partial.html.erb (1.4ms)
Rendered plugins/clipboard_image_paste/app/views/clipboard_image_paste/_headers.html.erb (1.3ms)
Rendered plugins/clipboard_image_paste/app/views/clipboard_image_paste/_add_form.html.erb (3.7ms)
Completed 500 Internal Server Error in 15ms

ActionView::Template::Error (translation missing: en.number.human.storage_units.format):
2: <span id="cbp_images_form">
3: <span id="cbp_image_fields"></span>
4: <span class="add_attachment"><%= link_to_function(l(:cbp_txt_add_image), 'cbImagePaste.showPasteDialog(); return false;', :class => 'add_attachment') >
5: (<
= l(:label_max_size) >: <= number_to_human_size(Setting.attachment_max_size.to_i.kilobytes) %>)</span>
6: </span>
8: <!-- input field span inspired by redmine/app/views/attachments/_form.html.erb -->
lib/redmine/hook.rb:111:in `block in render_on'
lib/redmine/hook.rb:61:in `block (2 levels) in call_hook'
lib/redmine/hook.rb:61:in `each'
lib/redmine/hook.rb:61:in `block in call_hook'
lib/redmine/hook.rb:58:in `tap'
lib/redmine/hook.rb:58:in `call_hook'
lib/redmine/hook.rb:158:in `call_hook'
app/views/layouts/base.html.erb:75:in `_app_views_layouts_base_html_erb__350208797_383876100'@

I tried to google it but I couldn't find a solution or a clear indication.

For information :
Redmine version 2.3.1.stable.11981
Ruby version 1.9.3 (i386-freebsd9)
Rails version 3.2.13
Environment production
Database adapter Mysql2
Redmine plugins:
clipboard_image_paste 1.6a
projects_tree_view 0.0.8
redmine_all_files 0.0.3
redmine_documents_short 0.2.0
redmine_improved_searchbox 0.0.3
redmine_issue_checklist 2.0.5
redmine_monitoring_controlling 0.1.1


#1 Updated by Leo L. about 9 years ago

I found the solution : In firefox, for example, if the variable "intl.accept-languages" is set to "en, en-us" only, the "500 internal error" shows up.
You have to manually set it to "en, en-us, fr, fr-fr" (or every locale of your language) to avoid the error.


#2 Updated by Leo L. about 9 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Resolved

#3 Updated by Jan Niggemann ( team member) about 9 years ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Closed
  • Resolution set to Invalid

Glad you figured it out

#4 Updated by Leo L. about 9 years ago

But do you know why redmine does not detect the en.yml locale existing in /config/locale/ ?
If the locale exists, shouldn't redmine be in english ?


#5 Updated by Andreas Hartmann over 8 years ago

We've got the exactly same Issue here with a Redmine installation running in German and users with browsers set to en_US.

The logs show:

ActionView::Template::Error (translation missing: en.number.human.storage_units.format):

Furthermore the translation has been updated and redmine restarted. But the error still shows up.

Any idea on how to fix this issue on the server side?

Kind regards,


#6 Updated by Adi Kriegisch almost 8 years ago

please reopen this issue: whatever client side setting shall never, ever cause a server error (500)!

I may probably add some details to this error (I use the Debian Redmine packages and tried to install redmine_dmsf):
my redmine instances (yes, I run several instances with the debian packages just fine) are served by uwsgi

probably another symptom that may help with diagnozing the issue is that I explicitly needed to add
'require 'simple_enum'" in app/models/dmsf_lock.rb to be able to run the migrate task.
Furthermore I removed "require ::File.expand_path('../config/environment', FILE)" to fix a runtime error caused by wrong absolute path as this expand_path expands to /usr/share/redmine/plugins/redmine_dmsf/app/controllers/config/environment.

somehow there are path issues as soon as there is the plugin enabled:

I18n::InvalidLocaleData (can not load translations from /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/../locales/en.yml: #<Errno::ENO
ENT: No such file or directory - /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/../locales/en.yml>):

when I create a link to a locales directory I get different errors

#7 Updated by Toshi MARUYAMA almost 8 years ago

Adi Kriegisch wrote:

please reopen this issue: whatever client side setting shall never, ever cause a server error (500)!

Please contact plugin author.

Also available in: Atom PDF