Fine-grain controll over ticket view permissions
Because it's very sensitive action, we need more contron on how to see issues.
My idea is:
- level 1 - see only ticket names (list of issues: name, dates, etc)
- level 2 - ticket name and description
- level 3 - ticket name, description and ticket history
Also, there can be a way how to "hide" some tickets from client (maybe tracker-based, field based, I don't know exactly now "how")
What others think?
Updated by Thomas Capricelli about 14 years ago
We have the same need here in my company.
Though i understand this is needed only by a small percentage of redmine's users.
Updated by Matthias Hofmann about 14 years ago
In my company wee need:
- users (by role) to only be able to see tickets they have submitted themselves.
- limited users (by role) to only be able to see a subset of fields
- limited users (by role) to only be able to see but not to change some fields
I think these kinds of requirements are quite commonly demanded.
Updated by Thomas Konrad about 14 years ago
Redmine is great. There is one major issue what prevents us from switching from our current tracker system to redmine.
We need to be able to be able to set read / write permissions per role for each field.
Updated by Jean-Philippe Lang about 14 years ago
- Category changed from Permissions and roles to Issues permissions
Updated by Chaoqun Zou almost 14 years ago
I thought there was a simple way:
- limit users (by permission) to only be able to see tickets they are invloved or watched