Defect #27407

Default assignee in issue categories doesn't work for groups

Added by Alex Stanev over 1 year ago. Updated about 1 year ago.

Status:ClosedStart date:
Priority:NormalDue date:
Assignee:Alex Stanev% Done:


Category:Project settings
Target version:-
Resolution:Invalid Affected version:3.4.3


In project settings->issue categories we can select certain user to be assigned by default for every category. Choosing group instead of user is accepted here, but the group then doesn't get assigned when this category is selected.
We have enabled "Allow issue assignment to groups".

category.png (33.6 KB) Marius BALTEANU, 2018-04-30 12:45

new_issue.png (81.4 KB) Marius BALTEANU, 2018-04-30 12:46

issue.png (78 KB) Marius BALTEANU, 2018-04-30 12:46

Related issues

Related to Redmine - Feature #28507: Accept groups in project's default assignee Closed


#1 Updated by Toshi MARUYAMA over 1 year ago

  • Status changed from New to Confirmed

#2 Updated by Go MAEDA over 1 year ago

  • Related to Feature #28507: Accept groups in project's default assignee added

#3 Updated by Marius BALTEANU about 1 year ago

I've tested this defect on the current trunk (r17320) and 3.4.3 I cannot reproduce it, please see the below steps:

  • Enabled 'Allow issue assignment to groups'
  • Added group "B Team" to a project with a role that has the permission 'Issues can be assigned to this role'.
  • In the 'Issue categories' tab, I've selected 'B Team' as assignee for a category (Recipes as for example).
  • Open new issue
  • Fill in anything as subject
  • Select Recipes as category
  • Create
  • The "B Team" is set as assignee

#4 Updated by Go MAEDA about 1 year ago

  • Status changed from Needs feedback to Closed
  • Resolution set to Invalid

I confirmed that we can assign a group to categories in Redmine 3.4 and the trunk.

#5 Updated by Alex Stanev about 1 year ago

I can also confirm it works in 3.4.5 now. Took a quick look over changelogs between 3.4.3 and 3.4.5, but couldn't identify any commits, that would change/fix the behavior. So I attribute this on some wrong configuration from my side.
Thanks to all who looked at it.

Also available in: Atom PDF