Defect #4704

ActionController::AbstractRequest error

Added by Jeffrey Jones over 11 years ago. Updated over 11 years ago.

Status:ClosedStart date:2010-02-01
Priority:HighDue date:
Assignee:-% Done:

0%

Category:-
Target version:-
Resolution:Invalid Affected version:0.9.1

Description

I am currently unable to run 0.9.1 due to the following error.

uninitialized constant ActionController::AbstractRequest

(Full trace attached in trace.txt)

I have done some looking around and it appears that ActionController::AbstractRequest has been removed and replaced with ActionController:Request.

I have checked for the former in redmine and found the following;

ubuntu:/var/www/redmine$ grep -r 'ActionController::AbstractRequest' *
lib/redmine/utils.rb:          ActionController::AbstractRequest.relative_url_root.to_s
lib/redmine/utils.rb:          ActionController::AbstractRequest.relative_url_root=arg
vendor/plugins/open_id_authentication/lib/open_id_authentication/request.rb:  ActionController::AbstractRequest.send :include, OpenIdAuthentication::Request
vendor/plugins/actionwebservice/lib/action_web_service/protocol/abstract.rb:    class SimpleActionPackRequest < ActionController::AbstractRequest # :nodoc:
vendor/rails/railties/guides/source/2_3_release_notes.textile:* +ActionController::AbstractRequest+ and +ActionController::Request+ have been unified. The new +ActionController::Request+ inherits from +Rack::Request+. This affects access to +response.headers['type']+ in test requests. Use +response.content_type+ instead.                                      
vendor/rails/railties/lib/rails/mongrel_server/commands.rb:        ActionController::AbstractRequest.relative_url_root = defaults[:prefix]
vendor/lib/redmine/utils.rb:          ActionController::AbstractRequest.relative_url_root.to_s
vendor/lib/redmine/utils.rb:          ActionController::AbstractRequest.relative_url_root=arg

Ruby version 1.8.7 (i686-linux)
RubyGems version 1.3.5

  • LOCAL GEMS ***

actionmailer (2.3.5)
actionpack (2.3.5)
activerecord (2.3.5)
activeresource (2.3.5)
activesupport (2.3.5)
fastthread (1.0.7)
htmlentities (4.2.0)
mocha (0.9.8)
nofxx-object_daddy (0.4.1)
nokogiri (1.4.1)
passenger (2.2.9, 2.2.8)
pg (0.8.0)
rack (1.1.0, 1.0.1)
rack-test (0.5.3)
rails (2.3.5)
rake (0.8.7)
thoughtbot-shoulda (2.10.2)
webrat (0.7.0)

trace.txt Magnifier (5.16 KB) Jeffrey Jones, 2010-02-01 02:39

History

#1 Updated by Johannes Koch over 11 years ago

I got the same problem on windows

ruby 1.8.6 (2007-09-24 patchlevel 111) [i386-mswin32]
Rails 2.3.5
RubyGems 1.3.5

  • LOCAL GEMS ***

actionmailer (2.2.2)
actionpack (2.2.2)
activerecord (2.2.2)
activeresource (2.2.2)
activesupport (2.2.2)
fxri (0.3.6)
fxruby (1.6.12)
hpricot (0.6)
log4r (1.0.5)
rack (1.0.1)
rails (2.2.2)
rake (0.8.7, 0.7.3)
sources (0.0.1)
win32-api (1.0.4)
win32-clipboard (0.4.3)
win32-dir (0.3.2)
win32-eventlog (0.4.6)
win32-file (0.5.4)
win32-file-stat (1.2.7)
win32-process (0.5.3)
win32-sapi (0.1.4)
win32-sound (0.4.1)
windows-api (0.2.0)
windows-pr (0.7.2)
xmpp4r (0.4)

#2 Updated by Johannes Koch over 11 years ago

fixed the issue for me by removing a few plugins.

#3 Updated by Jeffrey Jones over 11 years ago

Which plugins did you remove?
Were they third-party?
Were they possibly mandatory in 0.8.7 and are now optional?
Did you sacrifice any usability provided by these plugins to get the base installation working?

#4 Updated by Beat   over 11 years ago

I'm not sure if our bug #4712 is related, and if the blind edit/fix proposal there can help you here.

Would also know what you changed to make it work, as we're not back up after the update. :-(

Please tell us, tried removing all plugins which didn't error bad, without luck yet. Thanks.

#5 Updated by Beat   over 11 years ago

Hi guys,

Take a look at #4499

For me, deleting old files following step 3, and then applying steps 4 and 5 from here:
http://www.redmine.org/wiki/redmine/RedmineUpgrade

Solved my issue #4712.

Maybe you got a similar one.

Redmine by default searches only OPEN bugs, but that #4499 was CLOSED so I missed it unfortunately at first search here.

Good luck to all: redmine 0.9.1 seems to rock :-)

#6 Updated by Johannes Koch over 11 years ago

Jeffrey Jones wrote:

Which plugins did you remove?
Were they third-party?
Were they possibly mandatory in 0.8.7 and are now optional?
Did you sacrifice any usability provided by these plugins to get the base installation working?

I had to remove the plugins

gloc-1.1.0
actionwebservice
install.rb
redmine_code_review

then it worked again.

#7 Updated by Beat   over 11 years ago

Johannes Koch wrote:

Jeffrey Jones wrote:

Which plugins did you remove?
Were they third-party?
Were they possibly mandatory in 0.8.7 and are now optional?
Did you sacrifice any usability provided by these plugins to get the base installation working?

I had to remove the plugins

gloc-1.1.0
actionwebservice
install.rb
redmine_code_review

then it worked again.

Thanks, some of those are also removed if you do upgrade not by overwriting files from old by new, but using Step 3 method of the Installing instructions as worked for me following step 3, and then applying steps 4 and 5 from here:
http://www.redmine.org/wiki/redmine/RedmineUpgrade

You should really check that link and make sure to also update the database, there are quite a few upgrades being done by step 4...

#8 Updated by Jean-Philippe Lang over 11 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Closed
  • Resolution set to Invalid

Jeffrey, you were not running a fresh 0.9.1.
Eg. vendor/plugins/actionwebservice has gone for a while.

#9 Updated by Jeffrey Jones over 11 years ago

That will teach me to make assumptions about the installation process. Merci

Also available in: Atom PDF