Project

General

Profile

Actions

Defect #5072

closed

SVN Repository Error when using FastCGI on IIS7

Added by Jason Trahan about 14 years ago. Updated 4 months ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
-
Category:
SCM
Target version:
-
Start date:
2010-03-14
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:
Resolution:
Wont fix
Affected version:

Description

The following error is showing up in the log file when trying to browse the SVN repository while running under FastCGI on IIS7. Because of this error the frontend is displaying the error "The entry or revision was not found in the repository"

Error parsing svn output: undefined method `name' for nil:NilClass

If I use Webrick then this it works as expected.

Actions #1

Updated by ime prezime over 13 years ago

I have the same error,

this is from the production.log

Processing RepositoriesController#show (for 109.175.43.48 at 2010-11-19 10:16:31) [GET]
  Parameters: {"action"=>"show", "id"=>"fmkw", "controller"=>"repositories"}
Error parsing svn output: undefined method `name' for nil:NilClass
Output was:

Rendering template within layouts/base
Completed in 63ms (View: 18, DB: 1) | 500 Internal Server Error [http://_my_url_/projects/fmkw/repository]

and this is error message I'm getting in the browser

The entry or revision was not found in the repository.

I have installed redmine on the shared hosting with cpanel. Repository tab used to work and now it's just not working.

Actions #2

Updated by Michael Stucki over 13 years ago

I had the same problem today. Since I didn't know why it occured, I did this:
  • Stop the server
  • Delete (actually: rename) the production.log as it seemed quite large to me (> 3400MB)
  • Start the server again

It seems like this has fixed the problem. Maybe even a restart would have helped, who knows...

- michael

Actions #3

Updated by Milan Leszkow about 13 years ago

Michael Stucki wrote:

I had the same problem today. Since I didn't know why it occured, I did this:
  • Stop the server
  • Delete (actually: rename) the production.log as it seemed quite large to me (> 3400MB)
  • Start the server again

It seems like this has fixed the problem. Maybe even a restart would have helped, who knows...

- michael

I'm using Redmine 1.1.2.stable.5197 on Centos 5.5 (Final) running lighttpd in FastCGI mode.

I had the same problem.
I did some inspections in lib/redmine/scm adapters (mainly in subversion).
I found, that 'svn' command didn't return any output.
In error log of Redmine, there was a message: svn: Can't open file '/root/.subversion/servers': Permission denied

I found the message on: http://www.activecollab.com/forums/post/24715/

Then I modified the file:

subversion_adapter.rb

line 27:

  1. SVN executable name
    SVN_BIN = "svn --config-dir /tmp "

to add --config-dir /tmp

and after lighttpd restart Repozitory browser for all project in my Redmine works again.

The result is:

If Redmine is running under lighttpd and FastCGI, svn binary is searching for subversion settings under /root directory.
Adding --config-dir pointed to some accessible place will solve the problem.

Actions #4

Updated by Milan Leszkow about 13 years ago

Milan Leszkow wrote:

Michael Stucki wrote:

I had the same problem today. Since I didn't know why it occured, I did this:
  • Stop the server
  • Delete (actually: rename) the production.log as it seemed quite large to me (> 3400MB)
  • Start the server again

It seems like this has fixed the problem. Maybe even a restart would have helped, who knows...

- michael

I'm using Redmine 1.1.2.stable.5197 on Centos 5.5 (Final) running lighttpd in FastCGI mode.

I had the same problem.
I did some inspections in lib/redmine/scm adapters (mainly in subversion).
I found, that 'svn' command didn't return any output.
In error log of Redmine, there was a message: svn: Can't open file '/root/.subversion/servers': Permission denied

I found the message on: http://www.activecollab.com/forums/post/24715/

Then I modified the file:

subversion_adapter.rb

line 27:

  1. SVN executable name
    SVN_BIN = "svn --config-dir /tmp "

to add --config-dir /tmp

and after lighttpd restart Repozitory browser for all project in my Redmine works again.

The result is:

If Redmine is running under lighttpd and FastCGI, svn binary is searching for subversion settings under /root directory.
Adding --config-dir pointed to some accessible place will solve the problem.

Another explanantion:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/133860/running-subversion-under-apache-and-mod-python

Actions #5

Updated by Jason Trahan about 12 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Resolved

This works if you use Helicon Zoo http://www.helicontech.com/zoo/

Actions #6

Updated by Go MAEDA 4 months ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Closed
  • Resolution set to Wont fix

I am closing this issue because FastCGI support will be removed in the upcoming Redmine 6.0.0 (#40092).

Actions

Also available in: Atom PDF