Password reset for newly registered users not working
|Category:||Accounts / authentication|
- Make sure users need to be activated by admin after signup (I don't have the config setting handy, sorry)
- Register new user
- Click "Lost password" at sign in and fill in email
- Click on link in email and enter new password
- Try logging in with new password, this won't work
This is not a defect I think, yet it would help if the user gets a warning like "Your account is not activated yet", if one tries to reset the password on a newly registered account.
We are on v1.1.2, if this has been fixed in the meantime, please simply close this ticket.
#1 Updated by Go MAEDA about 1 year ago
- Category changed from Permissions and roles to Accounts / authentication
- Status changed from New to Closed
- Resolution set to Fixed
Fixed by #14228 (Redmine 2.4.0).
After the change, Redmine displays a notice "Your account was created and is now pending administrator approval." when a pending user attempts to get a password recovery email.