Plugins Directory » Redmine More Previews
|Registered on:||2020-11-13 (12 days ago)|
|Compatible with:||Redmine 4.2.x, 4.1.x, 4.0.x, 3.4.x|
Preview various file types in redmine's preview pane. Works for issue attachments, documents module, files module and repositories.
This plugin is designed to work with own plugins. That is plugins for plugins. To preview files this plugin converts the previewed file content to either
- png, jpg or gif
- html or inline html
- text, or
The appropriate conversion type(s) is/are up to the plugin developer. The available conversion option can be chosen on the plugin configuration page. The plugin was developed with thread safety in mind. With caching enabled, it should stand even higher loads.
Currently, there exist the following plugins:
This plugin requires LibreOffice to be installed on your system. LibreOffice must be reachable with "soffice" to the user, the redmine service is executed by.
Libre uses LibreOffice to do the conversion. Libre converts almost everything LibreOffice can convert:
.csv , .doc , .docm , .docx , .dotm , .dotx , .fodg , .fodp , .fods , .fodt , .odb , .odc , .odf , .odg , .odi , .odm , .odp , .ods , .odt , .otg , .oth , .otp , .ots , .ott , .oxt , .potm , .potx , .ppt , .pptm , .pptx , .rtf , .sda , .sdc , .sdd , .sdp , .sds , .sdw , .sgl , .smf , .stc , .std , .sti , .stw , .sxc , .sxd , .sxg , .sxi , .sxm , .sxw , .vor , .xls , .xlsm , .xlsx , .xltm , .xltx
to either pdf, html, inline, png, jpg or gif.
Please note, that not all conversions have been thoroughly tested yet. Please send files for a conversion test to me, if you are uncertain if your files get converted an can be viewed in a browser. Further, please note that the conversion accuracy strongly depends on the availability of installed fonts. Please consult the LibreOffice portals to see how to install fonts.
Currently, thoroughly tested are: .csv, .doc, .docx, .ppt, .pptx, .xls, .xlsx, .oddt, .rtf
This plugin requires no additional software to be installed on your system.
You can view the .eml file almost like in a professional email viewer, see mail headers and download attachments. Cliff will sweep the .eml files from scripts, event attributes beginning with "on…", url() in css styles and external images. To do an unsafe preview, you can press a button do so and if you trust the .eml or .mime file
Mark uses Pandoc to do the conversion. Currently supported is:
.md, .textile, .html
Peek lets you preview pdf-Files in the browser. Peek uses imagemagick to do the conversion. Imagemagick uses Ghostscript as a delegate to handle pdf files. Pdf previews can be the full pdf or a png, jpg or gif of the first page. Please note, that the conversion resolution strongly depends on your ImageMagick's configuration in the delegates file. Please consult ImageMagick's configuration help to edit the delegates file.
Peek lets you preview zip, tgz or tar-Files in the browser. Click on an entry to download one individual file from within the compressed file.
DO NOT USE NilText IN PRODUCTION
NilText lets you see, which data are available for a file conversion. NilText not suited for production use. You can peruse this plugin to learn about the plugin functionality. Please note, that this plugin may reveal a password of a repository. Like all other plugins, this plugin is deactivated by default.
Go to Administration -> Plugins -> Redmine More Previews Configuration
Choose the following options
- use embed-tag or iframe-tag
- cache previews (speeds views, may bloat your rails root's tmp folder a bit)
- activate sub plugins above
- for each sub plugin activate the file extension for files you want to preview (if you choose two sub plugins converting the same file type, then a warning will be issued and the last activated sub plugin will do the conversion).
- Portugese (Brazil)
Native speakers: please help to improve localizations
- 2.0.0 Recoded and published, supports redmine 3+, redmine 4+
- 1.0.0 Running on Redmine 3.4.6, never published
This plugin replaces
- redmine_preview_docx and
This plugin ideally works together with
download plugin and copy plugin folder redmine_more_previews go to Redmine's plugins folder
go to redmine root folder
to install necessary gems. Install LibreOfiice (for Libre) and/or Pandoc for (for Mark)
restart server f.i.
sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
go to plugins folder, delete plugin folder redmine_attachment_categories
rm -r redmine_more_previews
restart server f.i.
sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
PLEASE rate this software. Developing is dependent on your feedback.
If things don't work: Check Administration -> Information. Is LibreOffice installed? (needed for Libre). Is Pandoc installed ? (needed for ##mark##). Else, drop me a line, I'll be glad to help. You Feedback helps improve the plugin.
Common issues so far
- Libre, ##mark##
- LibreOffice / Pandoc is not installed
- LibreOffice / Pandoc is installed, but paths are not set for the redmine process user
- Redmine Process User does not have the privilege to run LibreOffice / Pandoc
- First time LibreOffice starts takes a little while
- Conversion accuracy is dependent on the availability of fonts in LibreOffice
- LibreOffice is doing very well - but possibly cannot convert every tiny aspect of MS Office files
- Redmine Process does not have write permission Rails tmp folder
- ImageMagick is installed, but Ghostscript is not (Peek doing conversion pdf to png)
- ImageMagick Delegates configuration is configured for low pixel resolution
Compatible with Redmine 4.2.x, 4.1.x, 4.0.x, 3.4.x.
2.0.1 fixed last minute issues