Redmine 2.1.4 released (1 comment)
Redmine 2.1.3 and 1.4.5 released (1 comment)
Redmine 2.1.0 and 2.0.4 released (11 comments)
- Issues and workflow improvements: you can now configure required and read-only issue fields per role, tracker and status. You can also disable core fields that you don't use on a per tracker basis.
- Issue list and filters: issues can now be filtered by custom fields defined on your projects (eg. say you have a "Customer" custom fields on your projects, you will be able to filter issues for a given customer across all projects)
- Thumbnails: you can enable the automatic display of thumbnails for images attached to an issue. And a new macro lets you add clickable thumbnails of an attached image in any formatted text (eg. wiki page, news...).
- Closed projects: a new permission is added to let project members close/reopen projects. Unlike archived projects, closed projects are still visible but the project and all its data (issues, wiki...) is read-only.
- Subtaks copy: when copying an issue, an option lets you copy subtasks too.
- REST API: Groups can now be managed through the resp API. And the REST API now supports JSONP in order to retrieve data from a server in a different domain
- Macros: macros can now accept an optional block of text, making it easy to define custom text processors.
- Internals: Redmine now uses JQuery instead of Prototype + scriptaculous
You can review the full list of changes and fixes in the changelog.
Redmine 2.0.4 is a last maintenance release for the 2.0.x branch. Redmine 1.4.x will be maintained for security updates until the end of 2012.
Redmine 2.0.3 and 1.4.4 released (6 comments)
New maintenance releases are available for both 2.0.x and 1.4.x series. They include several bug fixes and a security updates for some new vulnerabilities found in all prior Rails versions.
- Redmine 2.0.3 (Changelog) is upgraded to the latest Rails 3.2.6.
- Redmine 1.4.4 (Changelog) includes a backported fix for these vulnerabilities (Rails 2.3.x is no longer maintained by the Rails team).
They can be downloaded at Rubyforge.
Redmine 2.0.0 released (13 comments)
Redmine 2.0.0 drops Rails 2.3 (which is no longer maintained by the Rails team) in favour of the latest Rails 3 release, and it's now available for download at Rubyforge. New features will come with the next 2.1.0 release.
Efforts have been made to ease the upgrade of existing Redmine plugins but most of them will need a bit of work from their authors in order to be compatible with Rails 3. So if you're using some plugins, you may want to wait before switching to Redmine 2.x.
Redmine 1.4.2 released (1 comment)
Redmine 1.4.2 is a maintenance release that fixes 8 defects, including a compatibility issue with the latest ruby1.9.3 release (patch level 194), several improvements and translations updates. You can review the changes in the Changelog and download this new release at Rubyforge.
Redmine 1.4.x releases stick to Rails 2.3 and will be maintained during the next months for those who won't switch to the forthcoming Redmine 2.0.0 and Rails 3.
Redmine moves to latest Rails 3 (6 comments)
As announced previously, the next major release of Redmine (2.0) will run with Rails 3.2.
Today, the development branch was upgraded to Rails 3.2.3 (the latest Rails release). Although it passes the full test suite with ruby 1.8 and 1.9 already, there may still be a few issues. So if you're using trunk for production, you may want to wait for the 2.0 final release before upgrading.
Also available in: Atom