Frequently Asked Questions¶
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Installing and Running Redmine
- When I start the application, I get this error "in 'gem_original_require': no such file to load -- initializer (LoadError)"
- When I start the application, I get this error message: "cannot connect to mysql: No such file or directory - /tmp/mysql.sock"
- The application seems to work fine but some pages (eg. login form) have no content.
- The application freeze after a long time of inactivity.
- I upgraded Rails to 2.0, but Redmine doesn't work anymore!
- Issue tracking
- Installing and Running Redmine
Installing and Running Redmine¶
When I start the application, I get this error "in 'gem_original_require': no such file to load -- initializer (LoadError)"¶
Make sure Ruby on Rails is properly installed on your machine.
When I start the application, I get this error message: "cannot connect to mysql: No such file or directory - /tmp/mysql.sock"¶
You have to specify the socket location in
The application seems to work fine but some pages (eg. login form) have no content.¶
You're running Rails 1.1.x but Redmine requires 1.2.2.
Upgrade Rails (if you're using gem package system, run the command
gem update as root/administrator).
The application freeze after a long time of inactivity.¶
There's a bug in ruby/mysql adapter < 2.7.3 that leads to loose the database connection. Please update your adapter.
You can see thread at: http://rubyforge.org/forum/message.php?msg_id=25951.
I upgraded Rails to 2.0, but Redmine doesn't work anymore!¶
Redmine 0.6.3 is Rails 2.0 compatible, but prior versions are not.
The best solution is to upgrade Redmine to the latest version. But if you really want to use Redmine 0.6.0 on a box running Rails 2.0, please freeze your Rails version for Redmine (it won't affect your other Rails applications) by typing this command from your Redmine directory:
rake rails:freeze:edge TAG=rel_1-2-6
Don't forget to restart your server.
I've created a new issue status but I can't use it, it doesn't show up in the status drop-down list.¶
Once you've created a new issue status, you need to include it in the workflow.
Say you have created a status named 'In progress' and you want the developers to be able to change bugs from 'New' to 'In progress'.
Go to "Admin -> Issue tracking -> Workflow", select 'Bug' and 'Developer' then click edit.
You now see all the transitions allowed for developers on bugs. Check the 'New' -> 'In progress' checkbox and save.
See Workflow setup.
How does "Related issues" work?¶
- Related - Just adds a link to the other issue
- Duplicates - Links issues so that changing the status of one, will change the other (e.g. closing #100 will close #101)
- Blocks - Forces an issue to be completed before working on the next. I think it might affect the Gnatt chart but I don't know.
- Precedes - Defines an "order", where issue #100 needs to be completed x days before y can be started on.
Commits don't show up in the activity until I click on 'Repository'¶
By default, Redmine fetches the new commits from the repository only when you browse it.
If you want the commits to be retrieved periodically by Redmine in the background for all your repositories, uncheck 'Autofetch commits' setting and add a cron that runs (with appropriate environment):
ruby script/runner "Repository.fetch_changesets" -e production
I can't browse my svn repository through redmine¶
Please check that you're using a svn client >= 1.3. And the server you're attacking, too. Redmine parse the -xml output from subversion, which is a svn 1.3 feature.
When I create a new issue, Redmine freeze during one minute.¶
You have to configure email notification, or desactivate it. Please turn off email notification feature if you don't use it. In config/environment.rb replace the line
config.action_mailer.perform_deliveries = true
config.action_mailer.perform_deliveries = false
and restart redmine.
All times are off by 1 hour after the daylight savings switched¶
Rails builtin time zone implementation doesn't handle DST. You have to install TZInfo.
To do so, run the following from your Redmine directory:
ruby script/plugin install tzinfo_timezone