- Table of contents
If you are new to asking for help via chat medium, there are a few things you can do which will get you an answer faster and be make it a more pleasant experience for the developers.
- Join and ask your question into the channel, that's what it's for. We are not available all the time and with volunteer support you will need to make your question easy to answer. If you ask a specific question then the person who is most knowledgeable in the area of your question is likely to see it and be able to help you.
- Good: "Hi, I am having a problem registering new users on Redmine 4.2"
- Bad: "Is anyone around to help me?"
- Don't ask and run. Just because you didn't get an answer doesn't mean you won't ever get one. Sit down and stay a while (> 30 minutes) as it may take time for someone to respond
- Provide any relevant information from the logs, paste it to one of the numerous pastebin sites on the web. Please provide the link with your question.
- Sending private messages to people who you don't know is rude. It amounts to demanding their immediate attention and it will often be ignored.
Redmine on Libera.Chat¶
The official IRC channel of Redmine is #redmine on the Libera.Chat IRC network: ircs://irc.libera.chat:6697/redmine
You can use Libera's browser-based IRC client to join the channel.
Updated by Holger Just 11 months ago · 12 revisions