Redmine Question plugin¶
The Questions plugin will improve the workflow of Redmine by allowing users to ask questions directly to other users in issue notes. Questions will be highlighted so they can be found easily and prevent communications from failing.
- User can ask a question with an issue note
- Question can be assigned to be answered by a project member
- Filters for the issue list:
- Question is assigned to
- Question was asked by
- Question column for the Issue list showing a preview of all the open questions asked on an issue
- Email notification when questions are asked and answered
|Question on an issue|
|Issue list filters|
|Issue list filters|
Getting the plugin¶
A copy of the plugin can be downloaded from Little Stream Software or from GitHub
Installation and Setup¶
1. Follow the Redmine plugin installation steps a http://www.redmine.org/wiki/redmine/Plugins Make sure the plugin is installed to
2. Run the plugin migrations
rake db:migrate_plugins in order to install the new database tables
3. Restart your Redmine web servers (e.g. mongrel, thin, mod_rails)
Asking a question: just update an issue and select a Member from the question select box right below the issue notes.
Answering a question: posting a comment on an issue automatically answers any open questions on that issue that are waiting for you to respond. However, keep an eye on this issue for a possible update: https://projects.littlestreamsoftware.com/issues/3440
Knowing questions are open: look in the sidebar when viewing an issues page and you will see a "Questions for me" link with the number of questions that are waiting on you for an answer. You can also filter issues by what user has asked or by what user needs to answer a question.
This plugin is licensed under the GNU GPL v2. See COPYRIGHT.txt and GPL.txt for details.
If you need help you can contact the maintainer at the Bug Tracker. The bug tracker is located at https://projects.littlestreamsoftware.com
Updated by Randy Syring almost 13 years ago · 4 revisions