This page described the process for packaging up a new Redmine release.
- Checkout the stable branch (e.g. 0.9-stable)
- Check that all of this releases' issues have been merged into the stable branch. The Resolved status is used to mark which issues still need to be merged.
- Update the locales with
- Run the test suite to make sure there are no errors
- Checkout trunk again for these next steps
- Update the
doc/CHANGELOGand Changelog to list the changes
- Check that
- Increment the version number,
- Update the
- Checkout the stable branch again and merge these updates to it
- Freeze the current Rails version
- Package up Redmine into a zip and tar.gz. Make sure no private configuration files are included
- Create MD5 checksum files for the zip and tar.gz files
- Tag the latest code in svn. e.g
svn cp svn+ssh://rubyforge.org/var/svn/redmine/branches/1.0-stable svn+ssh://rubyforge.org/var/svn/redmine/tags/1.0.0
- Upload the new release to Rubyforge
- Update the Download, Sidebar and RedmineInstall (particularly the requirements) wiki pages
- Create a release announcement for:
- Redmine.org - include "this is for production and trunk is for development"
- Add the version to the Affected Versions list
Updated by Mischa The Evil over 11 years ago · 10 revisions