CustomField of type "external-link-to" with configurable URL prefix
|Assignee:||Jean-Philippe Lang||% Done:|
Idea is to allow user to input some value, and it will be seen in readonly mode as external link.
When defining the CustomField, we also input an URL prefix.
This will allow to make strong links to external ressources and do query/stats on them.
This external resources may be other Ticket/TaskMgmt system, wiki, or whatever.
Example for Confluence wiki
URLPrefix = "http://wiki.company.com/display/space/" and displayed link will just add the field value to the prefix URL => "http://wiki.company.com/display/space/somewikipage"
note: having such feature in markup will also be great (will create another Feature query for that), ex:
"Check This":mywiki:somewikipage => <a href='http://wiki.company.com/display/space/somewikipage'>Check This</a>
#4 Updated by Maxim Krušina almost 5 years ago
In custom field config, there should be:
- Open links in a new window - So the admin can select behavirour
- Prefix - it is meaned as "prefilled vlue"?
- Protocols - not sure if needed to specify allowed protocls, maybe this is too much....
- Display as (Select):
- URL only - URL is displayed in ticket
- Description - + edit text here, like all URLS will have title "Open related ticket in Zendsek"
- Desciption per ticket - each ticket's URL can have it's own title (display as)
#5 Updated by Andriy Lesyuk over 4 years ago
This can be done using Extended Fields: http://projects.andriylesyuk.com/projects/extended-fields
#9 Updated by Toshi MARUYAMA almost 3 years ago
Antoine Beaupré wrote:
Jean-Philippe Lang wrote:
2.5.0 adds a "Link" custom field format that can link to an external and configurable URL.
how does it work exactly? if i put a URL, it just links to that URL, it doesn't act as prefix at all. 2.5.1 here.