Show locked users in 'Users' filter for 'Spent time' report
|Assignee:||Marius BALTEANU||% Done:|
It is not possible to select a locked user for 'Spent time' report using 'User' filter option (only Active users are shown). While this behavior is correct for other places where users are selected (only active users can do something), it is not correct for this particular report, as it still contains workload data for locked users. In other words, the data (workload entries for locked users) is visible in the report, but it is not possible to filter it properly for these particular users.
It is suggested to resolve it as follows:
1. Make it a default behavior to show ALL users in the 'Users' filter for this particular report;
2. Separate locked users in the list from active, for instance:
<<me>> --- Active users --- <List of active users> --- Locked users --- <List of locked users>
3. (Optional, in case of backward compatibility is required) Add Administrative option to disable this default behavior (default: Off): 'Hide locked users from Spent time report'.
#3 Updated by Esteve Navas about 1 year ago
I would want to second this, and I will explain why:
Where I work we should do tracking of past workers, because they contact with customers and when they are not in the company anymore we lock them, but new issues with customers can involve old workers since we have to track any activity of the issue from the start.
So, for us locked users appearing in the custom-field type user is necessary, otherwise we have to create a custom field type list and keep it updated everytime any worker is not here anymore, and that is annoying.
I've been looking inside the code but I don't know much about Ruby, so I don't want to mess around :(
#8 Updated by Marius BALTEANU 5 months ago
- File 24568_show_locked_users_in_timelog_report.patch added
- File timelog_report.png added
- File timelog_report_before.png added
I made a patch that adds the usual links to Users, Projects and Versions (at least) in the timelog report. In this way, the locked users will have the grey out style and can be differentiated by the active users.
I think that it'll be useful to deliver this change together with #15201.