HowTo simply keep Redmine in sync with GitHub » History » Version 2
HowTo simply keep Redmine in sync with GitHub¶
There are a lot of means out there, here is the simplest one I have found out:1. Install the GitHub Hook plugin
- http://www.redmine.org/plugins/redmine_github_hook, it works with Redmine 1.2.1 too
- Enable Git as SCM.
- Select "auto-fetch commits"
- Click on "Enable WS for repository management", generate an API key and copy it, we'll need it in a few minutes.
- Click "Save".
- Use specifically the command
git clone --mirror [repo_url].
- Pay attention to the fact that Redmine needs read permissions on this folder.
- Then go into your projects settings, in the "repository tab". Select "Git" as SCM, and fill the path to the local repository you created just above.
- Select your repository and click on "Admin".
- Click on the "Service Hooks" tab and select Redmine in the list.
- Scroll up to fill needed information, don't forget the API Key we generated earlier. For instance, if your project url is http://redmine.mydomain.com/projects/my_project:
Adress = http://redmine.mydomain.com
Project = my_project
API Key = the API key we got from Redmine
- Click "Update Settings" and you are done!