Who is who?
Who are you and what are you doing/do you want to do for Redmine?¶
Feel free to add details about your person and your personal itch regarding redmine!
|Name: Martin Herr|
|Job: CTO, yeebase media solutions/t3n magazine|
|Location: Hanover, Germany|
|Skills: Rails/Redmine-Plugins, Webservices, PHP5, Design/HTML-Styling, Zend Framework, TYPO3 4.x/5.x, phpDoctrine, Sphinx, ThruDB, S3/EC2,...|
|Interests: Doing scrum with Redmine, Webservices-API, New Logo, Adobe-Air-based Fat-Client, http://forge.typo3.org|
mhr.jpg (4.27 KB)
RE: Who is who? - Added by Kit Plummer over 13 years ago
- Name: Kit Plummer
- Location: Tucson, AZ (USA)
- Occupation: Technical Architect (Dumb Title) for Accenture National Security Services
- Work: Specialized software for Defense and Intelligence
- Interests: Mountain biking, my kids (and my wife most of the time), pervasive computing devices, robotics
- Skillz: I am a master of nothing...will try anything...will break everything.
- My day job is pretty strict...Open Source is a good vent.
- Trying to get the community-based development practice going inside the company firewalls. Redmine is helping facilitate.
- GForge, CollabNet/SourceForge suck.
- I hate Trac.
- I like Ruby.
- I want mailing list (tight email integration).
- Agile planning and management tools suck and are way expensive, Redmine could slip in here.
- I'm spinning up the mailing list thinking a bit in my dwindling free time. I'm also working on some Jabber administration stuff to - admin notifications to JID/MUC.
RE: Who is who? - Added by James Turnbull over 13 years ago
- Name: James Turnbull
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
- Occupation: Author and Security boffin for bank
- Interests: FOSS, books, wine, food, Ruby
- Skills: a bit of this and a bit of that...
- Implemented Redmine for Puppet (http://reductivelabs.com/redmine/) which is a Ruby-based configuration management tool.
- Not a Trac fan and find it's simply not flexible enough
- We're a Ruby-based project so that's a nice value-add
- Only thing outstanding for us is better Git repo management - be great to be able to browse branches
RE: Who is who? - Added by Michael Pirogov over 13 years ago
- Name: It's written up here ^^^
- Age: uptime is 28 years
- Sex: he-male
- Location: Moscow, Russia
- Occupation: SysAdmin/OS Maintainer
- Interests: FOSS, comp. books, human languages, Python, Ruby, Vim, Gentoo Linux, heavy metal, wife
- Skills: here's not enough space..
- Hates: MS, Apple, SCO, small backspace and half-size enter buttons
- Providing redmine support for my organization
- Migrated from:
Trouble Ticket -> Jira -> Bugzilla -> FlySpray -> eGroupWare -> Bugs-Bug-Gebnie -> Trac -> Redmine:-)
- Thanks to Redmine I've started learning of ROR to be able to write missing features and plugins.
RE: Who is who? - Added by Eric Davis over 13 years ago
- Name: Eric Davis
- Age: 24
- Sex: Male
- Location: Beaverton, Oregon, USA
- Occupation: Owner of Little Stream Software, Ruby on Rails Software developer
- Interests: Business, Ruby on Rails, Open Source communities, Linux, software development management, books
- Skills: Lots of stuff. Expertise in Ruby, Ruby on Rails, PHP, SQL, and software development best practices.
- Implemented Redmine for my business around 2006
- Built and Open Sourced several Redmine Plugins for running a business
- Would like to improve the Redmine plugin API
- Would like to help with a RESTful API for Redmine
- Interested in helping people develop plugins
RE: Who is who? - Added by Mischa The Evil about 13 years ago
- Name: Mischa The Evil (alias, don't like to find my real name in google's search-results --> I'm an privacy geek... :-)
- Age: 25
- Gender: Male
- Location: Haarlem, The Netherlands
- Occupation: Administrator (unrelated to IT-whatsoever)
- Interests: Music (Gothic & Metal in broad sense), lots of technical stuff like: Unix/Linux, Networking, FOSS, software development, Ruby on Rails, PHP5, etc.
- Skills: Researching mroe complex things and summarize them easily afterwards, basic structural PHP4, basic SQL, Patching small things by reading, etc...
- I don't like Python.
- I don't like Trac.
- I like PHP.
- I like Ruby.
- Thanks to Redmine I've started learning more Ruby (on Rails) and relatives like Gem, Rake, etc.
- Migrating from: Trac -> Mantis -> 3x Flyspray + WebSVN + DokuWiki + DotProject -> Redmine.
- Would like to help improve the Redmine community...
- Would like to help providing simpler patches...
- Would like to contribute in creating/improving/maintaining Redmine documentation...
- Would like to help doing issue triaging...