Redmine search: improve, make better and smarter. (title matching first, then content)
It's really hard to find something useful in large Wiki.
Now Redmine search seems to display results ordered by last modification date.
Why it's not good?¶Here are examples:
- There is a page called Guide in Redmine Wiki. I want to find it.
Suggestions¶I suggest to display results in following order:
- First, exact Title matching (ordered by last modification date)
- Then, partial title matching (ordered by last modification date)
- Then, exact matching to description (or, maybe (not sure), some other fields, including custom)
- Then partial matching to description (ordered by last modification date)
- Wiki pages
Why should we change search?¶
Because this will greatly improve usability. Search is most important thing working with issues and wiki.