This morning we found our redmine instance unresponsive.
We restarted the service, and it crashed again a few minutes later.
After investigation we discovered that clients to log in via FireFox are able to crash the server instance after a few clicks. This behavior occurs on multiple computers in multiple locations.
Chrome, IE, Safari, works fine.
What we see in the error log is a segmentation fault coming from Ruby.
We are baffled as to how a client can cause the system to fail.
Redmine version 2.02 devel
Ruby Version 1.8.7
Rails Version 3.2.5
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
Database Adapter MySql2
Updated by Jean-Philippe Lang almost 11 years ago
- Status changed from New to Closed
- Resolution set to Wont fix
Sorry but I can't fix a ruby segmentation fault. Maybe you could attach the error stack trace.
Updated by Alan Robbins almost 11 years ago
We upgraded to 2.0.3 stable and the problem went away.