Switch Status to Assigned when an user is Assigned
I think that when you assign a ticket to an user, his status should change to "New" to "Assigned".
Updated by Maxim Krušina over 15 years ago
I have different pooint of view on this. As a project manager, I select user who WILL work on ticket and leave status as New. When user start working on ticket, he/she change ticket state to Assigned. This behaviour is usefull because I can see on which tickets our team currently working and which tickets waits in que.
If you want to add automatic Assignation of tickets, it should be good to create one more state "Accepted", so user will Accept ticket after it is Assigned (this behaviour is simillar to Trac's), but the system will be again little more complicated, so I'm not sure if this is good solution...
What others think?
Updated by Eric Davis over 15 years ago
100% agree with Maxim. I renamed my "Assigned" Status to "In Progress" because I didn't need an "Assigned" state, the Assigned To field tells me that. I use Status to show the progress of the ticket through the system. My workflow is:
- New ticket -> Status "New"
- Someone decides to work on it -> Assigned to "User"
- Someone does work on it -> Status "In Progress"
- Someone completes ticket -> Status "Resolved"
- Someone else signs off on the ticket -> Status "Closed" or Status "In Progress" (depending if it's done)
So far it's worked great.