Defect #13253


Not able to save custom query

Added by Miroslav Zaťko over 10 years ago. Updated over 10 years ago.

Target version:
Start date:
Due date:
% Done:


Estimated time:
Affected version:


  1. first instance configuration:
    About your application's environment
    Ruby version 1.8.7 (x86_64-linux)
    RubyGems version 1.8.15
    Rack version 1.4
    Rails version 3.2.8
    Active Record version 3.2.8
    Action Pack version 3.2.8
    Active Resource version 3.2.8
    Action Mailer version 3.2.8
    Active Support version 3.2.8
    Middleware Rack::Cache, ActionDispatch::Static, Rack::Lock, #<ActiveSupport::Cache::Strategy::LocalCache::Middleware:0x7f871829a580>, Rack::Runtime, Rack::MethodOverride, ActionDispatch::RequestId, Rails::Rack::Logger, ActionDispatch::ShowExceptions, ActionDispatch::DebugExceptions, ActionDispatch::RemoteIp, ActionDispatch::Callbacks, ActiveRecord::ConnectionAdapters::ConnectionManagement, ActiveRecord::QueryCache, ActionDispatch::Cookies, ActionDispatch::Session::CookieStore, ActionDispatch::Flash, RedmineDmsf::NoParse, ActionDispatch::ParamsParser, ActionDispatch::Head, Rack::ConditionalGet, Rack::ETag, ActionDispatch::BestStandardsSupport, OpenIdAuthentication
    Application root /var/lib/redmine
    Environment production
    Database adapter mysql (v4.1.22)
    Database schema version 20121005085252
  2. second instance configuration (only point out the differences):
    /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/rake- warning: already initialized constant RUBY
    /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/rake- warning: already initialized constant LN_SUPPORTED
    RubyGems version 1.3.7
    Database adapter postgresql (v8.4.13) ===================

Hi all,
I'm trying to create custom query for redmine issues.
1. in issues tab of project I choose some Filters and Options for a query, everything OK
2. clicking Apply, filters and options are applied, everything OK
3. clicking Save should bring me to New Query window to enter query name, ... but nothing happen. I'm just seeing same page with customized query results without any change.

What could be a problem here? There is no error message in log/production.log
Same problem on two independent installations(different servers) with almost the same configurations(please, for differences in database used and RubyGems version)


my_redmine_plugins_config.jpg (122 KB) my_redmine_plugins_config.jpg Miroslav Zaťko, 2013-02-22 13:25
redmine-configuration1.JPG (42.8 KB) redmine-configuration1.JPG Miroslav Zaťko, 2013-02-22 14:30
redmine-configuration2.JPG (42.6 KB) redmine-configuration2.JPG Miroslav Zaťko, 2013-02-22 14:31
Actions #1

Updated by Filou Centrinov over 10 years ago

Which Redmine version?
Have you been able to save custom queries anytime before on this installation?

Actions #2

Updated by Miroslav Zaťko over 10 years ago

I'm sorry I thought it is listed in "RAILS_ENV=production rake about" output but it isn't.
First configuration is 2.1.2.stable.10566
Second configuration is 2.1.2.stable.10423
I'm attaching also screenshot of complete "information window" from both configs

Actions #3

Updated by Miroslav Zaťko over 10 years ago

I was able to save custom queries but have no idea what change could be a cause for this problem, I tried to do it after a while...

Actions #4

Updated by Filou Centrinov over 10 years ago

Such problems always could caused by a plugin. Remove all plugins, login as admin and try again.

Actions #5

Updated by Toshi MARUYAMA over 10 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Needs feedback
Actions #6

Updated by victor kantor over 10 years ago


Actions #7

Updated by Miroslav Zaťko over 10 years ago

it looks like plugin "redmine_default_columns (Default queries per project)"( was causing the issue. I'm quite sure I was able to create some custom query after this plugin was installed(about 1/2 year ago) as it is needed for this plugin to work...
I just finished my "experiment":
  • I created new "clean" instance of redmine
  • afterwards I installed "redmine_plugin_views_revisions"( as redmine_default_columns is dependent on it. Everything was working fine so far.
  • finally I installed "redmine_default_columns" and it wasn't working anymore.

Everything was done step-by-step following instructions

Actions #8

Updated by Mischa The Evil over 10 years ago

  • Subject changed from not able to save custom query to Not able to save custom query
  • Status changed from Needs feedback to Closed
  • Resolution set to Invalid

Miroslav Zaťko wrote:

  • finally I installed "redmine_default_columns" and it wasn't working anymore.

Please report this to the plugin author. This is not a Redmine core issue.


Also available in: Atom PDF