Ability to clear dates and text fields when bulk editing issues
Added by Adam Soltys over 14 years ago.
Updated over 9 years ago.
When I go to bulk edit a bunch of issues, the start and due date fields, rather than displaying "(No Change)" like all the other fields are blank instead. Submitting the bulk edit form with blank dates does not clear the start and due dates for my selected positions, they just maintain whatever dates were currently entered. This means I have no mechanism for clearing all the start and due dates for multiple positions without editing them one by one.
I think the bulk edit form should be changed so that blank dates means the dates get cleared and "(No Change)" means the dates get preserved. "(No Change)" should be the default value.
This is occurring on revision 2035.
- Tracker changed from Defect to Feature
- Subject changed from Bulk Edit Cannot Clear Start and End Dates to Bulk Edit Cannot Clear Start and Due Dates
I would be glad to see this landing in a minor release soon.
Those datepicker just need some "unset" button.
Maybe those changefield need always a checkbox like "unset" aside every item.
- Target version set to Candidate for next major release
Currently there is still no way to unset date fields in the bulk_edit. There are many discussions on this requests. It would be good to include such a feature.
I set the target version to the next major release, as it's duplicate (#10363) was planned for this.
+1 from our side
This is not a rare usecase for us, e.g. if changing/clearing common date fields of an issue and all sub issues.
- Subject changed from Bulk Edit Cannot Clear Start and Due Dates to Ability to clear dates and text fields when bulk editing issues
- Status changed from New to Closed
- Assignee set to Jean-Philippe Lang
- Target version changed from Candidate for next major release to 2.4.0
- Resolution set to Fixed
Feature added in r12192 for dates and custom text fields.
Also available in: Atom