Project

General

Profile

Actions

Patch #32326

open

Update it.yml locale

Added by pasquale [:dedalus] about 4 years ago. Updated about 4 years ago.

Status:
Needs feedback
Priority:
Normal
Category:
Translations
Target version:
-
Start date:
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:

Description

  • added various missing strings;
  • reorder strings into the file;
  • made some changes to already translated strings for consistency.

Files


Related issues

Related to Redmine - Defect #32354: Fix inconsistent capitalization in Italian translationClosed

Actions
Related to Redmine - Patch #32358: Fix incomplete Italian translation for notice_successful keysClosedGo MAEDA

Actions
Related to Redmine - Patch #32380: Change Italian translation for "news"ClosedGo MAEDA

Actions
Actions #1

Updated by pasquale [:dedalus] about 4 years ago

Adds to previous patch:

  • remove trailing whitespaces from my previous patch;
  • adds missing string label_show_closed_projects that is missing in config\locale\it.yml in redmine 4.0.5

The new patch attached is a replacement of the previous one (the previous one is now obsolete)

Actions #2

Updated by Go MAEDA about 4 years ago

Thank you for working hard on updating it.yml.

  • Do you have a translation file without reordering? Reordering makes it difficult to compare the current and the new translation
  • Could you split the patch into a missing translations patch and a changing existing translation patch? I will commit a patch for missing translations quickly but would not commit changes to existing translation because I don't understand Italian and I cannot judge the changes are appropriate
Actions #3

Updated by pasquale [:dedalus] about 4 years ago

Go MAEDA wrote:

Thank you for working hard on updating it.yml.

  • Do you have a translation file without reordering? Reordering makes it difficult to compare the current and the new translation
  • Could you split the patch into a missing translations patch and a changing existing translation patch? I will commit a patch for missing translations quickly but would not commit changes to existing translation because I don't understand Italian and I cannot judge the changes are appropriate
Here a new set of patches that are a replacement of previous ones:

Thanks in advance.

Actions #4

Updated by Go MAEDA about 4 years ago

Thank you for splitting the patch. It is really helpful for me.

I looked 002-01-adds-missing-translations.diff and found that the translation for label_relations is "Relationi", but other existing translation for "relation" is "Relazioni". Is "Relationi" correct?

  label_relations: Relationi
Actions #5

Updated by pasquale [:dedalus] about 4 years ago

Go MAEDA wrote:

Is "Relationi" correct?

No, sorry it is a typo error: the right word Is "Relazioni"

Actions #6

Updated by Go MAEDA about 4 years ago

  • Related to Defect #32354: Fix inconsistent capitalization in Italian translation added
Actions #7

Updated by Go MAEDA about 4 years ago

I have just opened #32354 to handle the patch 002-03-fix-some-string-capitalization.diff.

Actions #8

Updated by Go MAEDA about 4 years ago

  • Category changed from I18n to Translations
Actions #9

Updated by pasquale [:dedalus] about 4 years ago

Hi Go MAEDA, thanks for reviewing my patches.
Maybe a clarification is needed: the patchattachment:"002-02-adds missing key-for-label_show_closed_project.diff" fix an issue on the official it.yml file where the line related at the key label_show_closed_project is missing, so the string "View closed projects" cannot be translate at all.
Thanks!

Actions #10

Updated by Go MAEDA about 4 years ago

pasquale [:dedalus] wrote:

Maybe a clarification is needed: the patchattachment:"002-02-adds missing key-for-label_show_closed_project.diff" fix an issue on the official it.yml file where the line related at the key label_show_closed_project is missing, so the string "View closed projects" cannot be translate at all.

The latest trunk no longer uses label_show_closed_project, so the key has been removed in r18785 (#29482).

Actions #11

Updated by pasquale [:dedalus] about 4 years ago

Go MAEDA wrote:

The latest trunk no longer uses label_show_closed_project, so the key has been removed in r18785 (#29482).

Ah ok sorry, I have missed that!

Actions #12

Updated by Go MAEDA about 4 years ago

  • Related to Patch #32358: Fix incomplete Italian translation for notice_successful keys added
Actions #13

Updated by Go MAEDA about 4 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Needs feedback
  • Assignee set to pasquale [:dedalus]

Hello pasquale [:dedalus], your translation patch (002-05-cumulative-patch-to-fix-existing-translations.diff) changes the Italian words "notizia" and "sottoattività" to English word "news" and "subtask". Could you clarify the reason?

Actions #14

Updated by pasquale [:dedalus] about 4 years ago

Go MAEDA wrote:

Hello pasquale [:dedalus], your translation patch (002-05-cumulative-patch-to-fix-existing-translations.diff) changes the Italian words "notizia" and "sottoattività" to English word "news" and "subtask". Could you clarify the reason?

For news instead of literal translation notizia, because in current language the english word is used and the literal translation is used rarely (xref http://www.treccani.it/vocabolario/news/)
For subtask instead of literal translation sottoattività, because I believe that the english term is more appropriate in a agile context because in current language we refer to task\subtask and not to attività\sottoattività (xref http://www.treccani.it/vocabolario/task/)

Actions #15

Updated by Go MAEDA about 4 years ago

  • Related to Patch #32380: Change Italian translation for "news" added
Actions

Also available in: Atom PDF