Show each project as card in the projects board
I would like to propose a redesign of the projects board in order to show each project individually as card. The below screenshot is a proof a concept.
For each project, the following information are shown:
- if the current user is a member of the project (already exists)
- if the project is bookmarked or not
- actions dropdown
- short description (already exists)
- first "x" project members
- Allow users to customise the information displayed on the cards
- Improved actions dropdown to include "Go to <project tab>", "Add new <item>"
Any feedback is welcome.
#3 Updated by Bernhard Rohloff over 2 years ago
Overall I find cards a very pleasing and convenient way to show more information about projects to the user and I would highly appreciate it.
Things I can imagine right now are:
- Last time of activity on issues
- Count of open issues plus signaling overdue issues
- Count of open versions plus signaling overdue versions
- Progress and date of the next due version
- Estimated and spent time
- Count of members
- Your roles on the project if involved
Since the project description can take a huge amount of space, which cards doesn't have I would prefer to move it in a modal and just have an icon one can click on.
I share Go's opinion on he members list. I don't think it's necessary to show the avatars but the actual count of members in a project could be quite useful, sometimes. It would be great to have a button like
Subprojects: 5 which redirects you to the appropriate filtered query. In this case it's like navigating a folder structure.
IMHO this could be an awesome way to get an overview of all your projects at a glance.