Show negative values with Textile
I encountered this problem while make a list like this :
- Item 1 had a temperature of 12°C
- Item 2 had a temperature of
12°C Item 3 had a temperature of -12°C
As you can see, the minus value gets interpreted as a strike-out. This doesn't make much sense at first glance, as you would expect the return to line to prevent this as it is a clear visual demarcation.
Updated by Holger Just 4 months ago
This is likely an artifact of the textile parsing where the strike-through has higher precedence than the lists.
As a workaround, you may use
* Item 2 had a temperature of -12°C * Item 3 had a temperature of -12°C
- Item 2 had a temperature of -12°C - Item 3 had a temperature of -12°C
from your example. These bullet characters are also generated by the bullet list button above the texfield. With the bulleted list, this gets rendered as
- Item 2 had a temperature of -12°C
- Item 3 had a temperature of -12°C