Project

General

Profile

Actions

Feature #6296

closed

Bulk-edit custom fields through context menu

Added by Jean-Baptiste Barth almost 14 years ago. Updated over 12 years ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Normal
Category:
Custom fields
Target version:
Start date:
2010-09-05
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:
Resolution:
Fixed

Description

Same request as in #461, #2560 and related, but for context menu : custom fields of type "List" or "Boolean" at least should be editable through context menu.


Related issues

Has duplicate Redmine - Defect #9285: Custom Fields Update using Quick menu (right button click on Issues)Closed2011-09-20

Actions
Actions #1

Updated by Etienne Massip over 12 years ago

  • Target version set to Candidate for next major release
Actions #2

Updated by S├ębastien Gripon over 12 years ago

+1

Actions #3

Updated by hiroyuki SHIRAKAWA over 12 years ago

+1

Actions #4

Updated by Stefan Halter over 12 years ago

hiroyuki SHIRAKAWA wrote:

+1

++1

Actions #5

Updated by Jean-Philippe Lang over 12 years ago

For multiselect custom fields, what would be the desired behaviour when clicking on a value in the contextual menu?
  • replace existing value(s) with the new one
  • add the new one to the existing value(s)
Actions #6

Updated by Etienne Massip over 12 years ago

Jean-Philippe Lang wrote:

For multiselect custom fields, what would be the desired behaviour when clicking on a value in the contextual menu?
  • replace existing value(s) with the new one
  • add the new one to the existing value(s)

Would a context menu displaying all values with checkboxes be too much? :p

Actions #7

Updated by Jean-Philippe Lang over 12 years ago

Etienne Massip wrote:

Would a context menu displaying all values with checkboxes be too much? :p

And a submit button I guess. Then yes :-)

Actions #8

Updated by Etienne Massip over 12 years ago

Jean-Philippe Lang wrote:

And a submit button I guess. Then yes :-)

Too bad, nobody had done it before.

Well, your question isn't that easy to answer, I feel like there is no right answer.

Actions #9

Updated by Jean-Philippe Lang over 12 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Closed
  • Assignee set to Jean-Philippe Lang
  • Target version changed from Candidate for next major release to 1.4.0
  • Resolution set to Fixed

Comitted in r8824.

Multiselect custom fields are not proposed since the context menu allows to select a single value only. The bulk edit form is just 1 click away for those fields.

Actions #10

Updated by Etienne Massip over 12 years ago

Jean-Philippe Lang wrote:

Comitted in r8824.

Multiselect custom fields are not proposed since the context menu allows to select a single value only. The bulk edit form is just 1 click away for those fields.

I think that the best choice! Thanks !

Actions

Also available in: Atom PDF