Strip whitespace from email addresses on lost password page
|Assignee:||Go MAEDA||% Done:|
|Category:||Accounts / authentication|
Sometimes people will not notice that they copied and pasted or inadvertently entered a whitespace when entering their email address in the lost password page. This currently leads to no password recovery being sent as the whitespaces will prevent a user from being found.
Fix: Strip whitespace from email addresses on lost password page (#27754).
Patch by Felix Schäfer.
The attached patch provides a test and strips whitespace from the entered email address.
- Target version set to Candidate for next minor release
- Tracker changed from Feature to Defect
- Target version changed from Candidate for next minor release to 3.4.4
Sometimes users say "Lost password page is not working". I understood the reason by seeing this patch!
Setting target version to 3.4.4.
- Status changed from New to Resolved
- Related to Defect #22532: Strip whitespace from login on login page added
I think that we should fix also the related issue (#22532) because is almost on the same topic.
- Status changed from Resolved to Closed
- Resolution set to Fixed
Commited in the trunk and merged to 3.4-stable. Thank you for detecting and fixing this issue.
Also available in: Atom