Issue page style. Reverse chronological order

Added by Konstantin Ashaev 13 days ago

Hi everybody,

I've got a question regarding the issue page style. After upgrade to Redmine 4, I noticed there is a white space between the issue's sections and history when I view comments in reverse chronological order. And this space increses as I add watchers. It is the same for both the default theme and third-party ones. Is that a new design or there is some issue in the page layout. Thanks.
PS Screenshot in the attachment.

Screenshot from 2019-06-13 09-15-32.jpg - white space (88.5 KB)

Replies (8)

RE: Issue page style. Reverse chronological order - Added by Seiei Miyagi 13 days ago

I think it was fixed recently

Defect \#31438: Incorrect position of the "Associated revisions" block when comments are displayed in reverse chronological order \- Redmine

https://www.redmine.org/issues/31438

RE: Issue page style. Reverse chronological order - Added by Bernhard Rohloff 13 days ago

I've tried it in my dev environment right now and I can't reproduce these gap.
Changes affecting this area actually where (#31438) made in 4.0.4 but it definitely doesn't look as designed in your case. ;-)

Do you have a theme applied to your installation? Perhaps the changes could affect it and you need an updated one.
Another thing you can try is to refresh your sites cache by pressing CTRL + F5 to reload all static data.

Kind regards,

Bernhard

RE: Issue page style. Reverse chronological order - Added by Bernhard Rohloff 13 days ago

Seiei Miyagi wrote:

I think it was fixed recently

Defect \#31438: Incorrect position of the "Associated revisions" block when comments are displayed in reverse chronological order \- Redmine

https://www.redmine.org/issues/31438

Regarding to the screenshot I think he has already updated to 4.0.4.

RE: Issue page style. Reverse chronological order - Added by Konstantin Ashaev 13 days ago

I did think it was fixed in 4.0.4. In my case there is just white space I don't have revisions.

RE: Issue page style. Reverse chronological order - Added by Konstantin Ashaev 13 days ago

Bernhard Rohloff wrote:

I've tried it in my dev environment right now and I can't reproduce these gap.
Changes affecting this area actually where (#31438) made in 4.0.4 but it definitely doesn't look as designed in your case. ;-)

Do you have a theme applied to your installation? Perhaps the changes could affect it and you need an updated one.
Another thing you can try is to refresh your sites cache by pressing CTRL + F5 to reload all static data.

Kind regards,

Bernhard

I use the latest version of Circle theme from RedmineUP (plus some of their plugins). My colleagues reported this issue, so this view is across all computers I watch for. In chronological order all seem fine.

Konstantin Ashaev wrote:

I use the latest version of Circle theme from RedmineUP (plus some of their plugins). My colleagues reported this issue, so this view is across all computers I watch for. In chronological order all seem fine.

I would suggest to temporarily switch back to Redmine's default theme to see if it's a theme problem. If the issue has disappeared in the default theme you know where you have to point at.

It's not gone if I switch to Redmine's default theme. See the attachment.

Other Screenshots of Default and Circle

(1-8/8)