Installation of redmine 1.0.2 - error 500 on sevral pages

Added by Julien P over 9 years ago

Hi every body,

First, sorry for my bad english, i'm french....

I'v just install a new server with unbuntu, and install all necesseary for redmine.

I lauchn my ruby server with this command :
ruby script/server webrick -e production

It seems to work well.

I can acces redmine with http://IP:3000, wich works.
i can login with admin/admin.

Then, when i try to create a new project, i've got a 500 error, and server error :
ActionView::TemplateError (wrong number of args (2 for 0)) on line #5 of app/views/projects/_form.rhtml

I've got the same error with sevral page, like "myaccount", or Administration/users , ect...

Any idea to solve this ?

Thank's a lot.

Replies (14)

RE: Installation of redmine 1.0.2 - error 500 on sevral pages - Added by Felix Schäfer over 9 years ago

Make sure you have the correct version of rails installed, redmine requires rails 2.3.5.

RE: Installation of redmine 1.0.2 - error 500 on sevral pages - Added by Julien P over 9 years ago

Thank's for your answer.

To be sure that i have de write version, i have done a :
gem install rails -v=2.3.5

I still have de same problem.
(i Have quit/relauch ruby script/server webrick -e production)

Any other idea ?

RE: Installation of redmine 1.0.2 - error 500 on sevral pages - Added by Felix Schäfer over 9 years ago

Which ruby version, and which version of the i18n do you have installed?

RE: Installation of redmine 1.0.2 - error 500 on sevral pages - Added by Julien P over 9 years ago

the ruby -v give me this :

ruby 1.8.7 (2010-06-23 patch level 299) [i686-linux]

What is i18n ?

i have re-install rack with :
gem insatll rack -v=1.0.1

Stil the same problem

Ok, i've "google" for i18n (internationalisation)

How can i know wich langage is installed ?

On linux (ubuntu 10.10 I have configure it with French. Can this help ?

i18n is internalization, but it's handled by each program separately. Anyway, execute gem list and look for the i18n gem, and especially what version it has.

RE: Installation of redmine 1.0.2 - error 500 on sevral pages - Added by Ameya Gargesh over 9 years ago

I encountered a similar problem today. The reason seems to be that I installed rails 3.0.1 first and then removed only the packages pertaining to rails directly i.e. actionpack, actionmailer etc. while removing it. I then installed rails 2.3.5 and encountered the problem that is mentioned here. I resolved this by cleaning out all the packages installed by gem when installing rails 3.0.1. A list of the ones I removed is provided below. Maybe only one of them caused the issue, all I know is that after removing all the packages and then installing rails 2.3.5, it started working properly.

abstract (1.0.0)
builder (2.1.2)
bundler (1.0.3)
cgi_multipart_eof_fix (2.5.0)
daemons (1.1.0)
erubis (2.6.6)
fastthread (1.0.7)
ffi (0.6.3)
flexmock (0.6.2)
gem_plugin (0.2.3)
i18n (0.4.2)
mime-types (1.16)
polyglot (0.3.1)
rack-mount (0.6.13)
rack-test (0.5.6)
thor (0.14.3)
treetop (1.4.8)
tzinfo (0.3.23)

RE: Installation of redmine 1.0.2 - error 500 on sevral pages - Added by Pavel P over 9 years ago

I have the same problem with 1.0-stable redmine. I have two versions of rails on my server (3.0.1, 2.3.5).
It's important to have both versions (in the future they may become more).
Apache/2.2.14 + Passenger/3.0.0 (i18n (0.4.2))

RE: Installation of redmine 1.0.2 - error 500 on sevral pages - Added by Holger Just over 9 years ago

Redmine currently only support i18n <= 0.4.1 (see #6784). Remove your i18n gem and everything should be fine again.

RE: Installation of redmine 1.0.2 - error 500 on sevral pages - Added by Pavel P over 9 years ago

There are both versions of i18n(0.4.1 and 0.4.2) on server.
If i need to have both versions, what can i do?

Hi.

Thanks for all your help.

I've remove all package that mention Ameya Gargesh.
The problem was still there.

Then I've remove i18n v 0.4.2 and install 0.4.1, and now it works find.

This is not write on the french installation, and should be add.

Thank's again.

RE: Installation of redmine 1.0.2 - error 500 on sevral pages - Added by Holger Just over 9 years ago

Pavel: As an interim solution, you can reverse this patch: http://www.redmine.org/projects/redmine/repository/revisions/4183/diff/trunk/lib/redmine/i18n.rb In my tests, this works again with i18n 0.4.2 (but not with i18n < 0.4.2 and > 0.3.7)

An alternative would be to use rvm and its gemsets feature.

Looks more useful. I will try. Thanks for support.

(1-14/14)