Disable email notifications for ticket's updates
Added by Huy Bao NGO over 9 years ago.
Updated over 1 year ago.
We're having a problem that every time a ticket is updated, our customer will be spammed because of unimportant notifications. We'd like to add a new option which allow the system to send or do not send email for each update of the issue. The idea is to add a check-box [send email to notify the update], so that the watcher will only receive notification of important updates on the issue. Is it possible to make it on redmine?
Thank you very much.
In the presented usecase it nmight be a good idea, but generally this has a high potential of being abused for information hiding... IMHO.
If this is to be implemented, I'd say we need an option so administrators can disable this.
I would like to see that feature too. Our customer and also PMs complains about too many mails that are only development related. We tried to use the "Private note" flag, but this also causes the related parties not to see the text at all. It would be nice if there is the option to case by case select/unselect the groups or users that will receive the emails or not.
- Has duplicate Feature #14640: Enable / disable email notifications in issue added
- Related to Feature #10033: Disable/enable option for watchers to manage e-mail notifications added
- Related to Feature #8692: Make possible to create an admin user that don't sent mail notifications added
I also think that this function has potential if it is fully implemented:
- Role management
- Who can be deactivated -> role customer and
- Who can deactivate -> role clerk
- Alternatively: Extension of your own email options under User-> Notify only of important messages (function is taken into account) or Receive all messages (function is not taken into account)
- All participants must see the changes (-> active login into the system -> view ticket)
Easy Redmine has "Edit without notifications" permission. And a user will see "Don't send notifications" checkbox when adding/editing an issue when the permission is granted.
I would be in favor of adding this feature if such permission is added.
- Related to Feature #9068: New button : "Submit modification without notification" added
This would be very very usefull
Also available in: Atom