Working external URL prefixes (protocols and 'www' host part) not documented in wiki syntax
|Assignee:||Jean-Philippe Lang||% Done:|
#2 Updated by Toshi MARUYAMA about 3 years ago
Till Riedel wrote:
You can update wikis on redmine.org.
This is definition.
Implementation is inconstent with documentations if more than only
httpworks, one would expect other URL schemes to work too as mentioned in #2953.
I think #2953 is not related.
#10 Updated by Marius BALTEANU almost 2 years ago
- File 21375_more_external_urls.patch added
Because I really want to see the 3.4.0 released, I took the liberty to create a patch that specify the www, sftp and sftps as URLs. Mischa, the patch matches your expectations? If yes, I'll update the wiki pages, too.
#11 Updated by Mischa The Evil almost 2 years ago
- File 0001-Complement-external-URL-documentation-21375.patch added
- Subject changed from Working external URL protocols not documented in wiki syntax to Working external URL prefixes (protocols and 'www' host part) not documented in wiki syntax
- Assignee changed from Mischa The Evil to Jean-Philippe Lang
Marius BALTEANU wrote:
[...] I took the liberty to create a patch that specify the www, sftp and sftps as URLs. Mischa, the patch matches your expectations? If yes, I'll update the wiki pages, too.
Thanks for chiming in. I've looked at your patch; it seems — with 43 changes — incomplete however1. It seems to be generated with a (too) basic search-and-replace, using an insufficient search string. As such only changing (a part of the) the textile docs only.
I just completed an other patch which changes all the translations, slightly differently:
|hits||old string||new string|
- I changed the order in which the link 'types' are mentioned, starting with '
www' as it's probably the most common nowadays (although even that URL-part is being ditched often these days) and it is a hostname identifier instead of a protocol identifier as all the others (informally) are;
- I added
starting with:in front of the inline list for better clarity;
- I decided not to add a serial comma to the inline list, as such adhering to British English spelling instead of American English (it's not required for clarity, there is no clear, official Redmine guideline on what spelling to use and it feels just more natural to me [and probably many other EU-based users, though I'm biased as my native Dutch language doesn't dictate use of it]).
I'll attach the patch implementing this change. This patch, against current source:/trunk@16676, is produced using
git format-patch which makes it apply-able using "
patch -p1 < 0001-...". It is patch 1/5 of a patch serial of which I'll post patches 2 to 5 in a new issue as they are less related to this initial issue.
I'll also change the wiki pages accordingly when the patch has been committed.
Environment: Redmine version 3.3.3.devel@r16676 Ruby version 2.3.3-p222 (2016-11-21) [x86_64-linux] Rails version 4.2.8 Environment production Database adapter Mysql2 SCM: Subversion 1.8.8 Git 1.9.1 Filesystem Redmine plugins: no plugin installed
1 Redmine currently supports 49 languages, each having two detailed syntax pages (textile and markdown), which makes a required number of changes of 98.