Ability to clear dates and text fields when bulk editing issues
When I go to bulk edit a bunch of issues, the start and due date fields, rather than displaying "(No Change)" like all the other fields are blank instead. Submitting the bulk edit form with blank dates does not clear the start and due dates for my selected positions, they just maintain whatever dates were currently entered. This means I have no mechanism for clearing all the start and due dates for multiple positions without editing them one by one.
I think the bulk edit form should be changed so that blank dates means the dates get cleared and "(No Change)" means the dates get preserved. "(No Change)" should be the default value.
This is occurring on revision 2035.
Updated by Jean-Philippe Lang over 14 years ago
- Tracker changed from Defect to Feature
Updated by Mischa The Evil over 11 years ago
- Subject changed from Bulk Edit Cannot Clear Start and End Dates to Bulk Edit Cannot Clear Start and Due Dates
Updated by Maher Gamal almost 11 years ago
I would be glad to see this landing in a minor release soon.
Updated by Daniel Felix over 10 years ago
Those datepicker just need some "unset" button.
Maybe those changefield need always a checkbox like "unset" aside every item.
Updated by Daniel Felix about 10 years ago
- Target version set to Candidate for next major release
Currently there is still no way to unset date fields in the bulk_edit. There are many discussions on this requests. It would be good to include such a feature.
I set the target version to the next major release, as it's duplicate (#10363) was planned for this.
Updated by Ralf S. almost 10 years ago
+1 from our side
This is not a rare usecase for us, e.g. if changing/clearing common date fields of an issue and all sub issues.
Updated by Jean-Philippe Lang over 9 years ago
- Subject changed from Bulk Edit Cannot Clear Start and Due Dates to Ability to clear dates and text fields when bulk editing issues
- Status changed from New to Closed
- Assignee set to Jean-Philippe Lang
- Target version changed from Candidate for next major release to 2.4.0
- Resolution set to Fixed
Feature added in r12192 for dates and custom text fields.