Use a unique way to check/uncheck a group/fieldset with checkboxes
|Assignee:||Go MAEDA||% Done:|
Currently, there are 2 ways to check/uncheck a group/fieldset with checkboxes:
1. Using the green tick icon in screens like:
- New member modal
- Workflow, tab Status transitions
2. Using the explicit links "Check All/Uncheck All" in screens like
- New tracker form
- New custom field form
These 2 patches propose to replace the explicit links from the above mentioned screens (point 2) with the toggle feature.
In this way, will have a unique and consistent way to check/uncheck a group of checkboxes across the application.
I chose to use the version with the green tick because it requires less space than the explicit links and it fits better.
I'm not saying that the green tick is the best option, but this is an ongoing discussion (#27678).
Replace check_all_links in new tracker form with toogle_checkboxes_link (#27807).
Patch by Marius BALTEANU.
#2 Updated by Marius BALTEANU over 3 years ago
- File Screen Shot 2017-12-16 at 12.04.52.png added
- File Screen Shot 2017-12-16 at 12.05.07.png added
- File Screen Shot 2017-12-16 at 12.05.33.png added
- File Screen Shot 2017-12-16 at 12.05.42.png added
- File Screen Shot 2017-12-16 at 12.05.54.png added
#9 Updated by Go MAEDA about 3 years ago
I agree to fix the problem that green tick icons are missing on some pages.
But I am worried that patch 0005 and 0006, which delete existing UI elements, may cause confusion for users because the green tick icons are not so noticeable as Mizuki mentioned in #27678.
#10 Updated by Marius BALTEANU about 3 years ago
- Description updated (diff)
I've moved the patches that add the toggle checkboxes feature (the green tick) to several screens to this ticket (#28242).
In this one we can discuss more about replacing the "Check all | Uncheck all" links with the same toggle checkboxes mechanism in order to a have a unique an consistent way to check/uncheck a group of checkboxes across the application