Description field for Tracker setting
I hope to add description field for Tracker setting, because our projects and workflows, statuses are growing day by day and it becomes hard for users to understand its meaning with the naming only.
I tried to modify my redmine, and enabled to show trcaker's description when editting issues.
#6 Updated by Akiko Takano over 5 years ago
- File issue_5201_tracker_description.patch added
- File issue_5201_tracker_description_test.patch added
- File issue_new.png added
- File project-overview.png added
- File project-setting.png added
- File tracker-index.png added
I’m so sorry that so long time passed since I’ve posted this issue and patch.
I just retried to make patch related this feature, based on redmine trunk (r16545)
1. Add migration file : add column named “description”.
2. Add textarea to write tracker description.
3. Show tracker description with using popup balloon like tooltip at Tracker index, Tracker list at project overview, Checkbox to select tracker at project setting.
4. Add help icon beside issue tracker pulldown. Click this icon, modal dialog is shown to show selectable tracker names and descriptions.
5. Add spec.
I'm glad I was able to help.
Project setting: Mouse over each tracker and description popup.
Project overview: Mouse over each tracker and description popup.