0.9 feature freeze
The 0.9-stable branch was added in r3244.
A release candidate will be made available in a few days but you can start testing it by checking it out at:
It runs with Rails 2.3.5 so make sure you have the proper gems installed.
gem install rails -v=2.3.5
Here is a quick summary of the major improvements that 0.9 brings:
Unlimited project nesting
In previous Redmine versions, project hierarchy was restricted to only 2 levels (root projects and one children level).
You can now create parent/child projects without any limitation.
Internally, the project hierarchy now relies on nested sets to avoid performance drop on deep project trees.
Projects can now share their versions with other projects in different ways.
Each version of a project can be shared with:
- projects in the project hierarchy: ancestors + descendants
- projects in the project tree: root project + all its descendants
- all projects
You can define user groups and add groups to projects with their own permissions.
Users can now have multiple roles on a project.
This makes it easier to combine different sets of permissions.
Project creation by non-admin usersNon-admin users can now be allowed to create projects or subprojects.
Two permissions are available:
- create project: this can be given to registered users so that they can create root projects
- create subprojects: this can be given to project members (eg. project managers) so that they can add subprojects to their projects
Administrators are now able to copy an entire project with its data (members, issues, versions...).
Issue list improvement
- Dynamic columns selection
- Sort on multiple columns, including custom fields
- Issue grouping
- Ability to adjust custom query filters without editing the query