Query issues based on activity history
When working with redmine, one sometimes needs to query for issues based on their history.
The example I need on a regular basis is to list issues that were updated during given time period (each involved issue would appear once even if many updates).
Search before post¶
I have searched wiki, issues, found related material, e.g. #4077 #971. These are oriented towards "time spent" entries, which are kind of activity entries. The closest thing I found is issue #10454 where the author expected the behavior described here on a search on "updated" field.
What does feature involve technically ?¶Technically, it would be additional query criteria in the issue query tab. To put the possibilities verbosely for clarity :
- issue history has entry with date before/after/...
- issue history has entry that changes issue regular field
- issue history has entry that changes issue custom field
- issue history has entry that changes "assigned" from "john" to "jane"
- issue history has entry that add comment
- issue history has entry that add comment containing "text"
- issue history has entry that attaches file ...
Comparison with existing¶
Jira handles queries on updated field like redmine.
Jira allows some history-oriented queries that, to my knowledge, Redmine does not handle. Below are valid Jira advanced searches.
status WAS in ("Resolved","Closed") DURING ("2012-04-01","2012-05-31") order by assignee assignee "CHANGED":http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+Searching#AdvancedSearching-CHANGED status CHANGED FROM "In Progress" TO "Open"
Request ability to query for issues that were updated during a certain time range, in usual query tool (with display by columns, sort, group by, etc).