Progress of version should be calculated the same way as parent tasks
|Assignee:||Jean-Philippe Lang||% Done:|
The progress of a version should be calculated the same ways as the progress of parent tasks are calculated in #23511.
#1 Updated by Toshi MARUYAMA over 6 years ago
- Tracker changed from Defect to Feature
- Description updated (diff)
- Category set to Roadmap
#2 Updated by Toshi MARUYAMA over 6 years ago
- Related to Defect #23511: Progress of parent task should be calculated using total estimated hours of children added
#3 Updated by C-O L over 6 years ago
- File done_ratio_for_version.diff added
The progress for version is not calculated correctly.
It only uses the estimated time for issues in the version so if mixing issues with an estimated time >0.0h and issues without an estimated time then the issues without an estimated time is not contributing to the progress at all.
It should also use the total_estimated_time instead of just estimated_time, this will make the progress correct if the parent is in the version but not the children.
I've attached a fix that shows what I had in mind.
#4 Updated by Toshi MARUYAMA over 6 years ago
- Tracker changed from Feature to Defect
#5 Updated by Toshi MARUYAMA over 6 years ago
Could you add tests?
#6 Updated by C-O L over 6 years ago
I'll see if I can squeeze in some time for this in the near future.
#7 Updated by Marius BALTEANU almost 4 years ago
- Assignee set to Marius BALTEANU
#8 Updated by Marius BALTEANU almost 4 years ago
- Related to Defect #4682: Completed version with wrong progress bar status added
#9 Updated by Marius BALTEANU almost 4 years ago
- File 0001-Version-progress-should.patch added
- Assignee changed from Marius BALTEANU to Jean-Philippe Lang
- Target version set to 4.1.0
I've updated the patch posted by C-O-L and added to it a test posted by Etienne some years ago to #4682. I can confirm that this patch fixes the related issue (#4682), but I'm not sure about the defect reported here.
From my point of view, we should take into account the total estimated hours (as the patch proposes), but I'm not sure that issues estimated at 0 hours should be treated in the same way as the issues without estimated hours.
Also, the patch generates quite a lot of queries.
I'm assigning this to 4.1.0 to clarify at least the expected behaviour. I think it could be an important fix.
#10 Updated by Go MAEDA over 3 years ago
- Target version changed from 4.1.0 to 4.2.0
#11 Updated by Marius BALTEANU about 2 years ago
- Target version changed from 4.2.0 to 5.0.0
#12 Updated by Marius BALTEANU 12 months ago
- Target version changed from 5.0.0 to 5.1.0