Patch #26826

Issue filtering by spent time

Added by Anonymous about 1 year ago. Updated 28 days ago.

Status:NewStart date:
Priority:NormalDue date:
Assignee:-% Done:

0%

Category:Issues filter
Target version:4.1.0

Description

Hi!

Here's a patch that adds a filter for spent time to IssueQuery. Any chance this could be included in the next 3.3 and 3.4 versions?

issue-filter-by-spent-time.diff Magnifier (2.88 KB) Anonymous, 2017-09-01 14:50

issue-filter-by-spent-time-2.diff Magnifier (2.94 KB) Anonymous, 2017-09-15 15:56

26826-note4-before@2x.png (55 KB) Go MAEDA, 2018-05-13 14:24

26826-note4-after@2x.png (54.6 KB) Go MAEDA, 2018-05-13 14:30

issue-filter-by-spent-time-3.diff Magnifier - moves the position of "Spent time" filter (2.69 KB) Go MAEDA, 2018-05-13 14:35

issue-filter-by-spent-time-4.diff Magnifier (2.82 KB) Takenori TAKAKI, 2018-09-20 08:58

issue-filter-by-spent-time-5.diff Magnifier (2.82 KB) Takenori TAKAKI, 2018-09-20 09:53


Related issues

Duplicated by Redmine - Feature #13947: Add spent time issue list filter Closed

History

#1 Updated by Anonymous about 1 year ago

Here's an updated patch based on feedback that meineerde gave me on IRC.

  • An unknown operator leads to invalid SQL, return nil early instead
  • NUMERIC is a non-standard PostgreSQL type, use DECIMAL instead

#2 Updated by Toshi MARUYAMA about 1 year ago

  • Target version set to 4.1.0

#3 Updated by Mischa The Evil 8 months ago

  • Duplicated by Feature #13947: Add spent time issue list filter added

#4 Updated by Go MAEDA 5 months ago

I think it would be better to move the position of "Spent time" filter in the filters list. The reasons are as follows:

  • The proposed patch places the filter in the third position. I think it is a too excellent position for the filter because most users don't use the filter so frequently.
  • "Spent time" and "Estimated time" are closely related to each other. These two filters should be next to each other.

Attaching an updated patch.

Before:

After:

#5 Updated by Takenori TAKAKI 28 days ago

I tested the patch "issue-filter-by-spent-time-3.diff" posted by Go Maeda.
As a result, I found that it is necessary to add a fixture of time_entrys to the test code "test/unit/query_test.rb".
Tests were done with MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite and all succeeded.
I attach a new patch that added fixture.

#6 Updated by Takenori TAKAKI 28 days ago

I noticed that 'expected' and 'actual' are reversed on the added assertions.
Attaching an updated patch.

Also available in: Atom PDF