Add cancel button during edition of the wiki
Lack of cancel button during edition of wiki page is very confusing.
Should I use back button? Or where should I click to avoid disaster?
Updated by Mark P over 13 years ago
I agree that having a Cancel button when editing an issue or wiki page would be nice for users. I generally refresh my browser if I think I have messed something up, but that seems a tad clunky. Some of my users have expressed an expectation of seeing Cancel too.
Updated by Evgeny Tsirkin over 12 years ago
- File cancel_button_for_issue.diff cancel_button_for_issue.diff added
- Assignee set to Jean-Philippe Lang
As I see it the main problem with Cancel button is to know were exactly to return to.
Attached suggested patch for "New issue" cancel button ,in this particular case ,
hitting cancel will get you "back" to "issues" which is what for my opinion is the most
likely what the user expects.
Again ,since the New issue is a tab ,were exactly do you redirect the user on Cancel?
Another possible option is to create a Clear button ,not the Cancel one.
The patch is against 1.2.0 stable.
Updated by Fernando Hartmann almost 11 years ago
Why not to solve this in parts ?
First solve the easy ones ? Like
- Issue update
- Wiki edit
- Others ?
Others more difficult we can leave to solve in future.
Updated by Jean-Baptiste Barth almost 11 years ago
There's no special difficulty about where to go back in those cases I think. A back url mechanism as in other places in Redmine would be ok.Some thoughts:
- the difficulty is mainly UI: in "New Issue" we already have 2 buttons and one link, adding an other can add some confusion ; maybe throw it on the right side ?
- the previous button is always ok in Redmine ; I know there are a lot of apps out there that are still in the 90s and horribly break when using Previous/Next buttons, but Redmine is not one of them, there are clean redirects after form submissions so Previous/Next could only lead you to safe actions
- @Evgeny: thanks for your patch but I think we should do a simple link ; going with a button on the create action is semantically incorrect I think, and it's dangerous (if we break our check, we submit the form whereas we didn't want to)
Updated by Go MAEDA over 8 years ago
I wrote a patch to add cancel button on wiki edit view.
I think the view should have cancel button for consistency of operation, because issue edit view on Redmine 2.6.1 and later has cancel button (#18051).
Updated by JW Fuchs over 7 years ago
Toshi MARUYAMA wrote:
JW Fuchs wrote:
Our users have requested a cancel link for new issues and news as well. Could this be implemented in 3.4.0? The target could be the previous page as already suggested above.
Please create new issues.
Thanks, #23555 created