Plugins Directory » CMS
|Author:||Kirill Bezrukov (RedmineUP)|
|Registered on:||2013-04-08 (almost 5 years ago)|
|Compatible with:||Redmine 3.4.x, 3.3.x, 3.2.x, 3.1.x, 3.0.x|
Get CMS in your Redmine and build web pages.¶
This plugin adds CMS functionality to Redmine and allows you to build websites using templates, menus, and snippets written in the HTML and Liquid language. To see what you can achieve, see our website: RedmineUP and RedmineUP Blog. It has been built using only Redmine and CMS plugin.
Read more about the possibilities in our blog post about CMS plugin features.
Requires Redmine CRM plugin (at least Light version) -> http://www.redmine.org/plugins/redmine_contacts
Liquid is a template engine which crafted for very specific requirements:
- It has to have simple markup and beautiful results. Template engines which don't produce good looking results are no fun to use.
- It needs to be non-evaling and secure. Liquid templates are made so that users can edit them. You don't want your server running code that your users wrote.
- It has to be stateless. The compile and render steps have to be separate so that the expensive parsing and compiling can be done once; later on, you can just render it by passing in a hash with local variables and objects.
- It needs to be able to style emails as well as HTML.
Build simple pages in Redmine
With the use of our platform, you can create any websites you want - from simple one-page instances to extended corporate sites. Do you want to see a good example? Our current website is fully built and managed with CMS plugin.
Thanks to combined power of HTML and Liquid, you can freely add any attributes or tags that are relevant for the SEO in the source code of your websites.
Snippets are elements of the site or files containing chunks of reusable code. They are usually used in elements that appear on more than one page or sub-page but not at all of them. A snippet can be for example social link or a pagination block.
Power of Liquid template language
Liquid is an open-source template language/engine created by Shopify and written using Ruby on Rails. It is used as a bridge between HTML and data, to smoothly create frontend of the applications ad websites. Click here, to learn more about Liquid.
- Install CRM ligh plugin
- Unzip it into
../plugins/. This would result in a directory-path like:
- Install dependent ruby gems by following command:
bundle install --without development test
- Migrate database and copy assets by following command:
bundle exec rake redmine:plugins NAME=redmine_cms RAILS_ENV=production
- You now need to restart Redmine so that it shows the newly installed plugin in the list of installed plugins ("Administration -> Plugins").
- Go to "Administration -> CMS" and setup plugin global settings.
Compatible with Redmine 3.4.x, 3.3.x, 3.2.x, 3.1.x, 3.0.x.
- Pages tree view
- Redmine 3.4 support
- Select2 for page selection
- Expire related pages cache after editing snippet
- Used in pages label for snippet
- Page voting
Compatible with Redmine 2.5.x, 2.4.x, 2.3.x, 2.2.x.
- Show overview and activity tabs for projects without project_tab module
- CMS plugin settings with pages/menus/parts tabs
- Copyright info settings for CMS and Default with meta templates
- Top menu child fixes for default themes
- Menu visibility fixes
- Attachments delete routing error fixed
- Apply menu on the top of page
Compatible with Redmine 2.3.x, 2.2.x.