Add setting to reset an issue status when copying from another one
ATM, when copying an issue A to an issue B, the user can choose between 2 statuses :
- The status from A (which is selected by default)
- The default status of current tracker from B
But this can lead to problems :
- B may be in a status that the user can't interact with
- It allows user to skip parts of a workflow
- (Specific) This leads to unintended cases, which mess up things like external data exports or billing
They can manually change the status of B during the copy, but from my experience, they don't (the status is reset on about 10% of copied issues only)
This behaviour should be set in the Administration panel.
The patch is attached, and here's the corresponding commit : https://github.com/vincent-clipet/redmine/commit/45335d4e9e7d7d4aa89dbc282c52dc1b0368b116
It adds a configuration setting (reset_issue_status_on_copy). When checked, all copied issues statuses are forced to the default status of the current tracker.