Reset status when copying issues
|Assignee:||Jean-Philippe Lang||% Done:|
ATM, when copying an issue A to an issue B, the user can choose between 2 statuses :
- The status from A (which is selected by default)
- The default status of current tracker from B
But this can lead to problems :
- B may be in a status that the user can't interact with
- It allows user to skip parts of a workflow
- (Specific) This leads to unintended cases, which mess up things like external data exports or billing
They can manually change the status of B during the copy, but from my experience, they don't (the status is reset on about 10% of copied issues only)
This behaviour should be set in the Administration panel.
The patch is attached, and here's the corresponding commit : https://github.com/vincent-clipet/redmine/commit/45335d4e9e7d7d4aa89dbc282c52dc1b0368b116
It adds a configuration setting (reset_issue_status_on_copy). When checked, all copied issues statuses are forced to the default status of the current tracker.
#7 Updated by Jean-Philippe Lang about 2 years ago
- Subject changed from Add setting to reset an issue status when copying from another one to Reset status when copying issues
- Status changed from New to Closed
- Assignee set to Jean-Philippe Lang
- Resolution set to Fixed
Change done in r16451. Status is now reset when copying issues.
No setting was added, if you want to let user copy issues with their original status, it should be allowed by workflow transitions.