Render high resolution Gravatars and Thumbnails
Added by Jan from Planio www.plan.io over 6 years ago.
Updated over 6 years ago.
In addition to #24922, this patch implements hi-res support for Gravatars and Thumbnails using the
srcset attribute. Only a DPR of 2x is supported currently.
Here, the patch will actually use separate URLs for 1x and 2x images, so that browsers supporting
srcset will only load the appropriate image and will not need to scale on the client.
- Related to Feature #24922: Support high resolution images in formatted content added
- File deleted (
- Related to Feature #11757: Add support for HDPI screens (retina) added
- Blocked by Defect #24935: Gravatar icons in activity view are broken on r15858 and later added
Thanks for the patch. Gravatar icons and thumbnails for HDPI display is beautiful.
But I see strange blank area in Firefox. Could you inspect it?
Thanks for pointing this out. I'm adding two more patches which fix this problem. To me it looks like a bug in Firefox, though...
Jan from Planio www.plan.io wrote:
Thanks for pointing this out. I'm adding two more patches which fix this problem.
Thanks, I confirmed that the problem has been fixed.
With these patches, we can see sharp Gravatar icons and thumbnails on High DPI monitors.
High DPI monitors are becoming common these days, so I think that this feature should be included in 3.4.0.
- Status changed from New to Closed
- Assignee set to Jean-Philippe Lang
- Resolution set to Fixed
Also available in: Atom