Always preserve the tree structure in the project jump box
|Assignee:||Go MAEDA||% Done:|
#31355 is really a nice thing. But one thing is a bit distracting: When a project gets to the list of recently used projects, it gets removed from the list of other projects. Understandable, but from an UX perspective IMO it is not so nice if the project has disappeared where one would expect it. Then you have to take a look: might it be in the recently used project list? Or did I bookmark it?
Not such a big issue. However, if you have a project structure with nested projects and you have a parent project in the recently used project list, than the other projects are rendered a bit differently. I find that confusing.
I have about 100 projects with such a structure. I'd be happy if the list of other projects look always the same. In order to find projects faster on scrolling.
If you consider this, then 'Other Projects' should probably need to be renamed to 'All projects'.
#1 Updated by Jens Krämer 4 months ago
Actually a few of our customers at Planio had the exact same complaints, attached is a patch against current master which implements the following changes:
- always renders the full project tree in the third section of the jump box (that is, it does not exclude favorites and recently used projects)
- in case the user enters a query, only one "Results" section is rendered instead of filtering all three sections
- Tracker changed from Defect to Feature
- Subject changed from Jump box issue caused by Recently used projects and Other projects to Always preserve the tree structure in the project jump box
- Status changed from New to Closed
- Assignee set to Go MAEDA
- Resolution set to Fixed
Committed the patch. Thank you for further improving the UI.