In my second patch from the mentioned issue, I've proposed Selectize.js because is maintained and has tests.
- Select2: which was my first option but I know that you prefer to not add it to the core (#23310#note-11). Also, this library is added by many plugins developers like Redmine UP, RM Plus, AlphaNodes, etc.
- Tag-it: which is currently used by the redmine_tags plugin, but the library is no longer maintained (last commit in 2014) and I would like to avoid using it.
- Taggle: it has only few stars on github.
- tagEditor: only few stars on github and it doesn't have tests
Also, I think that this library can be used to improve other functionalities like:
- query columns selection
- add multiple watchers or members
- improved drop downs with many values.
Sizes in minified version:
|| 38.4 KB
|| 66.3 KB
Jean-Philippe Lang, please let me know what do you think.
- Private changed from Yes to No
- Related to Feature #29732: Populate items in drop down lists from internal/external source added
It seems Jean-Philippe Lang is not very active nowaday, could this decision be made by Go MAEDA instead ? so that Marius work can go on ?
Selectize.js sounds like a faire choice.
- Assignee changed from Jean-Philippe Lang to Marius BALTEANU
I would like to review my proposals in order to include some libraries non jQuery dependent.
- Related to Feature #31313: Add search/filter to project select box in ticket create/edit form added
- Assignee changed from Marius BALTEANU to Jean-Philippe Lang
I looked for some other libraries that can be used to handle the tags:
- Choises: tags and custom dropdown, like Select2 or Selectize, but not jQuery depending. The size is 22kb gzipped.
Choices.js looks very good to me because it's more versatile and provides also options for improvements of other fields in the future.
Jean-Philippe, can you help us with a feedback on this? I would like to finish my work on the tags solution for 4.2.0.
Can we consider Jean Philippe's silence as a YES? It's been 4 years with no response or indication of an alternative implementation. Staying in this situation, the development of Redmine in my opinion is blocked.
Also available in: Atom