Permission for seeing Members on Project Overview
Permissions and roles
It would be nice to have permission options to set who can see the members assigned to a project (in project overview).
Ideally this isn't a on/off toggle but being able to select the roles.
- project admins and project managers can see all members
- simple users only see the project admins
- non-members (on public projects) can't see any members.
I agree, this is a critical feature for me too.
And maybe additional project setting to totally disable displaying of members.
Attached patch for 1.3.1 adding permission to view project members and show members option for project.
I forgot - above patch needs database migrate:
rake db:migrate RAILS_ENV=production
This will only reach trunk if you add some tests
- Related to Feature #10059: Hide list of members in project overview added
- Related to Feature #6014: Restricted access for clients on a closed-source project added
- Has duplicate Feature #18093: Please add the permission "can see project members" to the roles, or better an "hidden member" attribute for roles or memberships added
- Related to deleted (Feature #6014: Restricted access for clients on a closed-source project)
+1 this is important feature, if for example company has lot's of users, and 1 product that all of them use. In some cases, users (Customer role for example) shouldn't know who other users are. Currently they are using workarounds... Additionals plugin is offering to hide other users of the same role, but there should also be ability to hide all users (except the ones working on issue).
+1, I agree with @Aleksander Pavic.
Also available in: Atom