Option for long text custom fields to be displayed using full width
|Assignee:||Jean-Philippe Lang||% Done:|
- Testing Steps
- Release Notes
- Acceptance Criteria
Issue page now only with first 2 fields:
The attached patch add a new option called show_under_description for long text custom fields that if is checked, render that fields under the description field.
If you find this change useful, I can add tests to the patch. Also, any feedback regarding the patch or this functionality is welcome.
I think that this issue is related to #3543, but with another implementation.
Option for long text custom fields to be displayed under the description field (#21705).
Based on patch by Marius BALTEANU.
#1 Updated by Marius BALTEANU over 1 year ago
- add missing class "attribute" to custom field div
- wrap the value of the custom fields which text formatting enabled in DIV with wiki class
The patch was tested against 3.2.0.stable.15067 and doesn't break any test from my checks.
#3 Updated by Marius BALTEANU 5 months ago
New version of the patch:
- renamed the custom field setting from "show under description" to "full width layout" (I wasn't able to find a better name)
- the setting "full width layout" applies in both views: show and edit issue.
- the option is now displayed only for "Issues custom fields" of type "Long text"
- added tests
- some refactoring.
There are some users in the related ticket (#3543) which require to have this feature implemented so any feedback is welcome.
#7 Updated by Maxim Krušina 4 months ago
PS: there is also plugin: - latest fork: https://github.com/mi-yo/redmine_multi_column_custom_fields
but it has some issues (not 100% style, in edit mode the field is still just 1-column)
#8 Updated by Jean-Philippe Lang 4 months ago
- Subject changed from Option for long text custom fields to be displayed under the description field to Option for long text custom fields to be displayed using full width
- Status changed from New to Closed
- Assignee set to Jean-Philippe Lang
Patch is committed with some changes (custom field store was used instead of adding a column for the setting). The PDF output was modified as well.
- File 21705-table-overflow.png added
- Status changed from Closed to Reopened
Greg T wrote:
Please change overflow to auto (see #3543#note-20)
This is a screenshot of the issue reported by Greg T. Tables are displayed in a different appearance in description field and custom field.